WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread

cunners

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 9m 29d

Oh I didn't know your shop is there, will drive by now and then on the way to work (I'd gotten fuel from the BP) :buttrock:

McCoy*

• Member For: 15y 11m 24d

Hey Steve.. What days your car booked in with Simon? What do you plan to have done?

Regarding the rims, been thinking whether to do mine too actually... in ego... just not sure if would be a good look. Do you just rub back the alloy a bit and then spray or?

Cheers mate

Richard

• Slippery when dry
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 2m 10d

another thumbs up for Wilkinsons that's where mine goes as well.....oh I have 315 at the rears now :innocent::roflmbo::roflmbo: only 12 more sleeps till I can test drive her haha

• Donating Members

A lazy 3 hungie, good stuff man!

I'm not booking in until I physically have the cooler cold side pipe. It's in the post but I've waited so long I'd go crazy if I booked in and it didn't arrive in time. Also need to figure out hire car or something while she's gone. I'm going for low 300's via 42lbers, Nizpro cooler, intank pump upgrade, full twin 2.5" manta exhaust.

As for the rims, I've never painted a car part in my life so wouldn't call myself knowledgable...sanding back is logical but I figure it'd be harsh on the rims if you ever wanted to reverse the decision?

Looking at BBS rims on http://www.amgaustralia.com/ - I need a loose $3480 for a set of these

CH_Black_Wheel1.jpg

...that'll never happen though. More likely to source some used jap rims from antilag! That or my original plan of twisty phoon 19's. No dosh for rims anyway, need suspension first. Also planning to enjoy stock look but 300+rwkw hehe.

I should go fit my boost gauge already.

Edited by -SteveR-

• Member For: 17y 8m 28d

Chippa, I'm more than happy to go and pick up your beast and take it for a test drive to iron out any bugs that might be there. I can then go and swap the front bar with mine! It will be interesting to see what you run down the quarter now with the added go fast bits.

Steve, why are you only going the 42lbers? By no means am I an expert on injectors, but won't they be maxing out around the low 300's? I'm sure someone here would know.

With everyone here getting Simon to add more punch to their cars over the winter, perhaps we need to make a night of it down the drags, or lean on Simon to organise another day early in the season whilst its still a little chilly, for us to bust some times?

• Donating Members

Indeed they will max at early 300s. So will my exhaust I'm told. Much more and I'd need more fuel delivery improvements I think...all more $. Also gearbox life will be better with low 300s, and traction is a major issue with 350+ when you are only looking at Kumho KU31s and similar tyres! It'll look stock under the bonnet too. Oh and the 42lbers are at a price I cannot refuse due to helping Simon out with his lappy a while ago! I had a chat to Simon about my power aims and reaffirmed to myself that low 300's is the place to stop.

+1 on group drag night!

Well I finished my gauge install, took a bit longer than anticipated. Two things really didn't help though, I'd run the signal wires in front of the dash, where the ICC sits flush against at the top so had to refish and run them down the hole in the centre next to the top ICC screw (assume FPV gauges run wires here), took a while. Also one of my cable joiners hadn't cut through the switched 12v wire. I thought I'd fried my gauges. Multimeter kept threatening to go flat too :/

Thanks to Goran/XtRmn8 for the help with this model of gauges. In the end I used Power Source (ciggy lighter) for ground and ignition (car running) 12v power, TC/Foggies brown wire for dimmer (the cops had even already run a wire off of it which was left loose, no need to solder/crimp that one!) and I found constant power was available from the white wire in the leftmost white plug that goes into the bottom of the ICC (has a fat earth wire).

Woot :stirthepot:

Phone017.jpg

Phone015.jpg

Run the wires like this to avoid the ICC squashing against them :/

Phone012.jpg

• Member For: 17y 8m 28d

Fair call there Steve. You do know that once you start to mod your car, what you think you will be happy with in terms of power levels never turns out like that. The more you have, the more you want. I thought I would of been happy with just the cooler, injectors and dump/cat, I was wrong.

I have Khumo KU31's on my car, once you smoke them for a while you can get some good traction. I ran a 11.2 with them. Having said that, on a cold day, it's like driving in the wet on 205's especially when you need to take of fast. I'll be looking for some different treads soon, but not sure what to get.

The gauges look great, do they dim to the same levels as your normal dash lights?