WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread

cunners

• Boost Addict
  • Member For: 16y 2m

can I not go to warwick for having suspension low and air filter or I need to go oconnor? welshpool is way overbooked anyway....

cat is 102mm from ground rest car is 160mm

• HOON
  • Member For: 14y 6m 7d

I would recommend avoiding Warwick, ive had several cars through there plenty of times, you'll go there with two or three things to be inspected and leave with a list as long as your arm

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 5m 10d

So John, you mean to tell me that your car wont pass pits without a permit yet if you get a permit (meaning its a legal mod), it'll pass????

Why should anyone need a permit for something that's alredy legal?

Edited by Mat

• Member For: 16y 1m 18d

yes matt, if its a mod which needs a permit, than you need a permit to pass the pits, pretty straight forward.

johns links listed before explain what mods do and dont need permits.

if they have picked you for illegal tint and its legal, you dont need a permit and you will pass. if they have picked your exhuast, you will need a permit to pass.

• Member For: 17y 3m 8d

So John, you mean to tell me that your car wont pass pits without a permit yet if you get a permit (meaning its a legal mod), it'll pass????

Why should anyone need a permit for something that's alredy legal?

You have confused me Matt?

What do you mean Already Legal. Nothing on my car is Legal until I get approval from Dept of Infrastructure and a final pit inspection. (exhaust, blower, suspension, and a few other bits)

• Boost Addict
  • Member For: 16y 2m

well I have booked at warwick just incase.

I guess I will try go oconnor...

I know outcome either way will be the same.

is the clerance for lowest part of car 100mm? will I pass with my cat being 101mm from ground?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 5m 10d

John, in my case (as I dont know SFA about blowers and the legalities and I didnt see your link) I was informed a POD filter on my car was a legal mod (as it was secured properly and wasnt loud) but I'd need a permit for it. So I fork out the money for a permit and 3 weeks later I get another yellow sticker told it still needs to be checked. Maybe im confused. I can see the need for permits on cars with serious modification (engineers certs etc) but for basic bolt ons I cant

Kice, at Warwick they have (or had for years) a 100mm high section at the start of the pit you drive over for the inspection. If your car couldn't pass that without scraping it was an auto fail of course