WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread

cunners

• Member For: 17y 9m 25d

I watched the fight and TBH, I thought it was a typical boxing crock of sh*t. I love watching Danny Green fight, I support him, buy his stuff and was hoping he would smash him!

For Roy Jones Jr to be dropped by that punch I thought was a little bit hard to swallow. RJJ is a legend of the sport, veteran of 50 odd fights and not to of lasted longer than 122 seconds is....... It was a good punch for sure and no doubt it rattled him, but I thought the fight was called too soon. I almost have the feeling that he only came over here for a quick holiday and a massive pay cheque.

Anyway, congratulations to Danny Green, he deserved the win and I look forward to his next bout!

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 6m 7d

Have also seen a team mate hit during a club game hit in the eye with the old six stitcher fielding at silly mid off. This was in the days before helmets. Several weeks in hospital

:3gears:

An indoor ball is one thing but an outdoor ball hit hard that close would surley have seen me seeing stars! Not something I'd like to experience. Got nailed middle leg by a slow bowler few months back. First and last time I never wore a box! Was bit tender but could see how it could have ended up far worse

I'm glad Green won but I reckon he got lucky. Guess that's sport sometimes :) Very early on, RJJ had a couple of seriously quick punches! Either way, 2 massive pay cheques for under 2 minutes worth of work isn't all that bad!

Edited by Mat

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 25d

What would it cost to get you in the ring against Green, Mat? :)

I'd get my arse served to me for half a mil prolly. Maybe 250 if the (possibly slapper) boxing ring girls looked after me post fight lol.

• Legendary member!!
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 8m 28d

Id let him belt the sh*t out of me for $100k.

Now, im not guaranteein that id be standing for very long!!!

Bit of a non event & anti climax... I think the ref called it too early, RJJ was still defending, had his hands up...

In general, I think a lot of ref's are calling to early and it seems to be happening more often.

Green looked in great shape though & fair play to him!

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 25d

100k could get me a damn sweet imported mustang...heaven help me if I broke anything though.

• 12" member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 3m 26d

no sh*t I'd jump in the ring for 100k against green !!! maybe even 50k hahaha.. I'd give it a farken hard go too but would likely not last more than 10secs hahha.. I reckon he could get in about 8-10 good shots in about 10 seconds easy as and I'd be down hahah..

would need $1m to get in the ring with Tyson at least !!!

DIRTY - I think that's a direct result of political correctness nowadays - refs calling sh*t too early etc.. everyones so namby pamby scared of getting sued or hurting people but they're boxers FFS - you cant choose that career and not expect to get damaged... same with AFL, bring back the f*cking biffo and shirtfront/hip'n'shoulders etc.... give it 5-10 years and it will be ATouchFL !!!