WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread

cunners

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 6m 19d

I got replacements from walliston wreckers, good condition low km items, $300 a side.

might be worth checking with pedders as I think they do replacements at a decent price.

Thanks XRO6T I did give pedders a call and got one of there complete shafts (2xCVs,shaft) for the price of a second hand CV. They sell these as a upgrade to XR6T and XR8 so only time will tell :beerchug:

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 9m 29d

Good day turned sh*t on drive home... encountered a carload of f*ckwits in a hyundai or something cutting me off on purpose, twice, on Roe Hwy and laughing their heads off. Briefly contemplated ramming them. You bunch of c****, I hope someone snaps and uses their maglite to break your windscreen and nose, takes the keys to the car and throws them over the edge!

FFS can't these dipsh*ts find something better to do with their time...too astounded to think of getting a pic or vid of plate, f*ck it. >:(

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 9m 29d

Roe today - glances exchanged as he passed me. Gotta love that colour.

Phone032.jpg

Canning Today

Phone033-1.jpg

• Member For: 17y 8m 29d

Mat, I hear what you are saying about Perth and its short falls on alot of things, eg, airport facilities, the stupid ferris wheel, bell tower, lack of tourist things, blah blah blah just to name a few. I agree that Perth has alot more to offer and its stuck in a time lag.

But to be honest, I think that's what makes Perth the way it is and so appealing.

I've travelled for months through Europe, bought a car and spent 5 months driving across America and all up the East and West coast of Canada, driven from Cape Town to Port Elizabeth along the Garden Route in South Africa, travelled into Zimbabwe and Zambia and also been to most capital cities of Australia and seen a fair bit of WA. This amount of travel is stuff all compared to alot of people, but I think it gives me some idea of what alot of different places are like here and overseas.

The simple fact is, if you dont like Perth, LEAVE!

I love the fact that we are miles away from everything, that we don't have thousands of tourists everywhere, that we can go down to Hillarys and get a seat at a restaurant and not feel like a foreigner as the people next to me are speaking some other language. Do you think the price of a beer or a meal will go up or down if we are flooded with tourists? Will crime get any better with bus loads of tourists everywhere, or will we see more opportunistic crime increase? Then who wants to see the gypsies selling cheap tourist souveneers at every corner like they do in the tourist hot spots in Europe?

For me, leave Perth the way it is and the least amount of people here the better. More parking bays at the beach, smaller lines at the bar at the Cott, less idiots on the roads who are lost, less people scabbing for money on the streets and less people taking photos and getting in my way!

I'm of the soapbox now :buttrock:

Edited by xr6t ego

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 5m 9d

I'm assuming your a bit older than me, perhaps in your mid to late 30's?

Dont get me wrong, I love many things about Perth. The fact that we do have the best coastline in the world, our quality of life is great and its probably a great place to raise a young family but its just that we need to be a little more forward in our thinking. We are probably very lucky we dont have more drivers on our roads as WA drivers are easily the worst in the country.

Moving forward might not mean 24hour shopping and tourists everywhere, but just enough to improve things. Take Hillary's. While its far from a world class marina, it's a great step forward. Decent pub (with very high prices mind you) that I can walk home from, decent restaurants (FAB burgers FTW), plenty of stuff to keep the family happy, some rides during holidays, safe beaches and clean park's for BBQ's. Just more things like that :)

I certainly dont think more tourists would cause more crime. Its the "locals" which are causing the 99% of the problems

• Donating Members

Anyone got a spare BF foglight they want to get rid of cheap cheap?

Mine cracked during dambusters cruise :(

XR61WA now a bunky :(

• Donating Members

LOL wow, heres me thinking a hammered front bar, china spec rapid FMIC, a dieing standard clutch, non working aircon due to a creased pipe and a cracked foglight where bunky but angle grinding rear guards is worse. My old dak dak copped far worse (and home tuned with manual bleed valve) and shes now clicked almost 220K kms on the standard engine running .5 psi less than boost cut. Ricer FTW

Did it turn out ok Rossco?

Edited by Mat