WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread

cunners

• - Track Bound EVO III -
  • Member For: 19y 9m 16d
Red GT 'GTPURRR ' heading south along the coast around 1PM, I was heading north for the run from Freo to Quinns.  Spotted a white persuit on Great Eastern Hwy too but didn't grab the plate (state number).

No good mate mate would not have been seen unless his car was being tuned at xtreme this aint a spotted thread it is a who's who for tuning

And I aint Knocking any tuners as mine is stock

:spoton:

I second that :spoton:

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 2m 23d
Oops....I posted my question in the wrong area. Never mind, not worth creating another thread. BPT have my business.

... make sure you re-gap your plugs after a tune.... they neglected to mention this is required to a mate and hence his T ran like (rap.

• Member For: 17y 9m 11d
Oops....I posted my question in the wrong area. Never mind, not worth creating another thread. BPT have my business.

... make sure you re-gap your plugs after a tune.... they neglected to mention this is required to a mate and hence his T ran like (rap.

yeah they did mention this to me. spark plugs will be changed as part of their stage 3 upgrade. thanks anyway

Edited by D Chatfield

• Member For: 19y 2m 13d

I still reckon Id feel more comfy with a recognised tuner, someone with an actual mechanical background, handling the tune on my car... Id hate to see it damaged that way. Guess its time to do some homework and decide where to spend my hard earned splash.. Lotsa kw's and safe tune state works for me.. :blink:

• Team Xtreme
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 7m 23d
I still reckon Id feel more comfy with a recognised tuner, someone with an actual mechanical background, handling the tune on my car... Id hate to see it damaged that way.  Guess its time to do some homework and decide where to spend my hard earned splash..  Lotsa kw's and safe tune state works for me..  :blink:

I think you would be hard pressed to find anyone doing tuning that doesnt have a mechanical background. :blush::blush:

• Member For: 19y 4m 10d
I'd recommend Simon as well Top Bloke amazing tuning abilities and currently (to the best of my knowledge) has tuned the fasted two manual cars in Australia...cant say enough good things about his tuning abilities... :blink:

Get a lot of conflicting stories from different shops about engine failures from this guys own car.

Hey mate how are you? Would love to hear the conflicting stories of my engines blowing up.

My car with stock internals ect did 18000 kms with 400 + rwkw's and never missed a beat, I pulled it out for the new engine to go in that was with billet pistons and rods and oil pump gears, That engine was using a CP Piston that had a terrible skirt design and was noisy, finally got to noisy to handle. I then used a wiseco piston and the car was making 508 rwkw's. I went on a Track day at wannerro race way and on the last lap of the day I had then vaccum line that feeds the waste gate get a hole rubbed in it from my power steering pully (That sucker hangs on my wall as a reminder) I now run the boost lines around the rear of the engine. Hope that gives you an explination to the rumors about my engine(s).

As for where I am located I have a workshop currently next to my house in helena valley, I am in the proccess of finding a bigger establishment as I have purchased my own dyno and need to expand. Until I find a place to put my dyno I use Turbo techs dyno in redcliffe.

Thanks for all the kind words guys appreciate it :blush:

first of all congrats on purchasing your own dyno simon its really nice to hear that your doing well.

As everyone in this site knows, including most of the tuners that simon is a great tuner and has a unique tuning style and delivers great results all the time, I am not sayin this to suck up or get a free dyno tune next time around (they mostly free anywayz lol) but you dont need to go any further than this site to find out about the great results he has acheived.

I am a living proof my self, I tune both my cars with him. the xr6 turbo I first went to him with 50k on the clock, it has done 115k's with 330rwkw all this time without any trouble and when I got my typhoon, I went straight to him without even a second thought, his tuning abilities and customer service is awesome. he treats your car like he would his.

do your self a favour, dont get mucked around like alot of people already have. Just go to somone who know wats his doing and doesnt have time bag other tuners.

lastly I think people who put down others businesses, without any fact should really be ashamed of them selfs,Mannn it gets pretty bitchy around here sometimes.

anywayz mate wish you the best of luck.

regards :blush:

Muzza