WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread

cunners

• Member For: 19y 5m 14d
I got a 30mm front and a 21mm for the rear (the utes dont have a rear one standard) I got mine direct from white line. They are very easy to fit. I fitted my front but didnt have access to a welder to do the rear. Wilko's fitted my rear for $80 but it would be even cheaper for a sedan as its just a bolt on job :spoton:

edit: the two suspension shops I've dealt with have recommended the 27mm front as the 30mm tends to make the ride too harsh on a sedan. I only went 30mm on the front because the rear suspension that straight out of the 1800's on the back of the ute needs all the help it can get. :blink:

where are you working? have you gone to play in the mines...?

what companies have you spoken too? xspeed and wilkos said 30.. and thought I was a weirdo asking for the 27!

I work for a company called Metso Minerals.. I go up and down to all sorts of mine sites.. I look after Mill Lining accounts. Do you work on the mines? where abouts do ya work might pop in and say hi :P

Do the guys from Wilko's and xspeed drive xr6t's?

Go the 27's as suggested, others on this forum have tried the 30's only to swap them later as they were too stiff.

For what it's worth Perth Exhaust Centre that sold me mine recommended the 27mm.

I suppose you could always go the adjustable one if your still not convinced. :Doh:

how much was it fitted? was just qouted $175.. just for the bar.. that about right?

Edited by DCVIN

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 2m 23d

ordered some 20 x 8.5 wheels yesterday :w00t2:

Once they arrive next week I will suss my rear suspension as I may need to raist it 10 mm.

SGIO are cool with it and are not raising my premium.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 9m 8d
I got a 30mm front and a 21mm for the rear (the utes dont have a rear one standard) I got mine direct from white line. They are very easy to fit. I fitted my front but didnt have access to a welder to do the rear. Wilko's fitted my rear for $80 but it would be even cheaper for a sedan as its just a bolt on job :w00t2:

edit: the two suspension shops I've dealt with have recommended the 27mm front as the 30mm tends to make the ride too harsh on a sedan. I only went 30mm on the front because the rear suspension that straight out of the 1800's on the back of the ute needs all the help it can get. :Doh:

what companies have you spoken too? xspeed and wilkos said 30.. and thought I was a weirdo asking for the 27!

I work for a company called Metso Minerals.. I go up and down to all sorts of mine sites.. I look after Mill Lining accounts. Do you work on the mines? where abouts do ya work might pop in and say hi :P

Go the 27's as suggested, others on this forum have tried the 30's only to swap them later as they were too stiff.

For what it's worth Perth Exhaust Centre that sold me mine recommended the 27mm.

I suppose you could always go the adjustable one if your still not convinced. :spoton:

how much was it fitted?

Make sure you get your stabiliser bar brackets checked, as I found 2 bolts missing in one of mine :fool:

• Member For: 20y 3m 22d
I got a 30mm front and a 21mm for the rear (the utes dont have a rear one standard) I got mine direct from white line. They are very easy to fit. I fitted my front but didnt have access to a welder to do the rear. Wilko's fitted my rear for $80 but it would be even cheaper for a sedan as its just a bolt on job :w00t2:

edit: the two suspension shops I've dealt with have recommended the 27mm front as the 30mm tends to make the ride too harsh on a sedan. I only went 30mm on the front because the rear suspension that straight out of the 1800's on the back of the ute needs all the help it can get. :Doh:

I suppose you could always go the adjustable one if your still not convinced. :spoton:

how much was it fitted? was just qouted $175.. just for the bar.. that about right?

$200 fitted so $175 sounds fine as that is what I subsequently paid for the rear one which I fitted myself because I have since become a master mechanic..........that's right mechanic.