WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread

cunners

• Boost Addict
  • Member For: 16y 2m 27d

rams into bike and demands 5k... what a hag LOL.... I would have gone around her car with a key so at least that way her estimate would be more accurate, especially when shes injured someone and all that the hag could possibly think of is $.

Not good D :(

I have made some progress with my in car entertainment :cry:

after a year of owning video input interface for my factory screen I actually attempted to "input" video into it today. I have a dock for my iphone 3gs which is mounted on my a/c vent. a composite video cable which goes to my sound system/screen. I have also ordered a PLX Devices Kiwi Wifi which is a OBD II scanner which can get information of the factory ECU and transmit it to the iphone via wireless. so esentially get in car, chuck phone in dock. run which ever app I want, the sound for the application will come threw my stereo and video will be duplicated onto my factory colour screen. so for instance navigation, video player, rev(which gets info from kiwi wifi, can display mulitple gauges including boost, afr etc live readout from ECU, logging, skidpan, quater mile times etc).

in theory this is all well and good but noticed the screen switch doesnt work so have to go get it sorted tomorrow most likely a wire which needed to be grounded isnt or ford messed something up when they were messing my car up.

hopefully will have video input finally tomorrow, and somewhat gtr35 style gauges on the screen - although they wont work seeings I dont have the kiwi wifi yet :(

reading my manual to tune a second preset into my sound system for aux input from iphone. I came across a section where it talks about mounting locations for the digital processor and what it should not be exposed to... it contains the usual direct sunlight, dust, high humidity but what suprised me it says "high vibration"... which is kind of silly a car will vibrate, and so will subs? I take it it's a good thing it survived the drags then because half my custom stereo panels fell apart from the day lol. when going to tune it, noticed it hang on sounds ok, all I needed to do was turn volume down a couple db. the alpine digital processor really is the sh*t, still sounds crystal clear :spoton:

Edited by djkice

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 6m 6d

D, a similiar thing happened to me when I was in year 7 actually! they chased me for money (certainly not 5K) and I thought she should buy me a new bike... Went nowhere and they'll argue that his tire was out on the road when it shouldn't have been and that because he was carrying a ball he wasn't in control. Then they'll turn around and saying she should have been paying more attention and not driving so close to the edge. No win really!

Nowhere near as bad as the time I wasn't looking and rode straight into the side of an elderly couple in their corrolla whilst they were stationary at the Hepburn / Marmion intersection. Ended up on their bonnet and can still see the shock on their faces. I didnt stop, I just picked up my bike and rode off very shaken and not quiet with it. I felt bad for ages but hopefully they had insurance

Edited by TUFCLUTCH

• Donating Members

Lol mate, I felt pretty bad not to mention very sore... This old couple just minding their own business at the traffic lights and I come barrelling along and end up on the bonnet!! The 'rollas of that era were built tough.just another one of lifes steep learning curves that never gets forgotten!! Pay attention or next time the lights might not be red...

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 25d

rofl. I once rode into a car, was screaming down the footpath and a car came out of a high brick walled driveway, I hit the brakes and managed to wipe off most of my speed, ended up with my wheel hitting theirs side on, no denting which was lucky. didn't ride so fast after that, at least for a week muahahaaaaaaa

I wish I still rode, would be much fitter. my 12yo self would whoop my ass in a 1500m race!

Cleaned the car yesterday, it's been about 2 months! bloody bugs on the front took a bit to get off. Staying in the hills has it's disadvantages :/ Great roads to drive though :bowdown:

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 6m

thanks every one. Just picked the treadly up from the bike shop $100 had a good chat to the guys n girl there and it defis one of those grey areas. Lawyer said to just wait for the cops to do something should be about 6 months. Poor kid - at least he rode his bike home from the shop. I imagine he'll catch the bus to school for a bit though.

Lucky for us the car sticks out and is local so I'll spot it at the shop and get a pick of the damage. Apparently shes a real estate rep so looks like I'll be doing the homes open tomorrow.....

D

• Donating Members

Mate, you and me both... Before full time work / laziness I used to ride about 250kms a week and had no issues with fitness. Few years and 30kgs later.. Started going for a ride before work and the amount of people along the coast at 6am is mindblowing

Seems every milf and her lab or golden retriever are up early cutting some coastal laps

Edited by TUFCLUTCH

• Boost Addict
  • Member For: 16y 2m 27d

:spoton: I got video woo. Stupid switch wires were snapped off, probably when fraud were butchering my car.

now off to xft early next week for 400kw+ :msm: