WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread

cunners

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 25d

Hello there! Stock Rd and Leach Hwy

Phone078-1.jpg

Phone079.jpg

Hard to read but it says "How's my drifting? call 1800-drift" or something. LOLed since it was on a fiesta

Phone083.jpg

Spotted this NA XR6 on Leach near Tonkin with fuel flap wiiiiiiiiide open!

Phone084.jpg

and a lovely seduce (I think) FG T with 3 coworkers in it grabbing some chinese in midland. one was still wearing his high vis vest :)

Phone085.jpg

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 25d

Spotted John/SuperPursuit83 on Leach Hwy at 8:35am! Shoulda grabbed the U Turn lane and gotten a pic :)

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 6m 6d

Boys, since im not really mechanically minded*, when I change the fuel pump later today I pull the fuse, lift the seat, pull the black cover off, disconnect the plug and then disconnect the fuel lines.

My question is that will the fuel lines have fuel in them?? The tank will be around 1/4 full if that makes a difference?

After that I pull out the cradle and take it to a mate who owes me a favour and he'll do the rest.

*reminds me of the time I fitted a mechanical oil pressure guage to my dak dak. the hose split and hot oil went in cabin. Much lols.

Edited by TUFCLUTCH

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 19y 26d

Mat,

Pull the fuse, start the car and let it idle till it stalls. That'l run the pressure down in the lines so the will be some fuel in the fuel lines but it will be minimal.

The fuel line connnections are a bit of a biatch. You need to push them onto the connectors on the pump and the squeeze the bejesus out of the two sides of the plugs the have little ridges molded in for grip. You will see the connector open up enough to clear the lock on the fuel line.

It sounds a bit hokey but you will see what i mean when you get in there.:innocent:

There will be fuel in the swirl pot as well so get ready with a small container, so you can lift the pump straight up, sit it in the container the take out of the car without spilling and petrol

Make sure you fit the seal oring back into place correctly otherwise you'll get fuel fumes in the cabin. A touch of vaso helps keep it in place