WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread

cunners

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 5m 9d

To end all of the keyboard wars going on, I vote that the concerned parties organise a skid off. This way they can prove who can do the biggest and best. There can be different categories for length, individuality, foot on and off the break. I'll be more than happy to donate some of my time to witness it.

Any other suggestions?

I know plenty of private driveways!!

Kael my standard clutch is tuffer than your whole car

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 2m 14d

Got the car tuned today after the 4" dump & exhaust went on it. Its now making 366rwkw, with higher torque as well.

Very fun to drive, cheers Simon! :)

Awesome dude, you must be stoked. Must be a rocket now :-) What sort of Boost and AFR's did Simon go with? Does it sound mint? Have to catch up with ya on a cruise.

• <put funny sh*t here>
  • Member For: 17y 10m 14d

Boost is around 17psi. He would have liked it to be lower but my wastegate ain't working very good and its not letting him drop the boost down any lower. Another excellent porting job by TurboTech! I fuken hate those guys, they really have done some terrible work to a lot of people.

The AFR's I only saw on the screen briefly, but it was around the 12:1 mark I think - somewhere safe though.

As for the sound, I like it. You can really hear it sucking in the air and the sound of bulk air rushing out of the exhaust. I also cleaned my POD filter so that probably helped with the induction sound lol

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 5m 9d

Lol Mike, TUFFCLUTCH it shall be! XR6 Turbo owners seem to like attempting records for a bit of forum cred so perhaps I have the toughest XR6TURBO clutch in australia!! Sure it didn't have all that much torque to contend with and towards the end I couldn't drop second without it being fried but its being replaced before it starts slipping!

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 7m 15d

Skid off sounds like a winner* :pinch:

I like the sound of TUFCLUTCH too... :facepalm: Let me know if you want it changed back....

*fordxr6turbo.com does not condone such events on a public road...

Boost is around 17psi. He would have liked it to be lower but my wastegate ain't working very good and its not letting him drop the boost down any lower. Another excellent porting job by TurboTech! I fuken hate those guys, they really have done some terrible work to a lot of people.

The AFR's I only saw on the screen briefly, but it was around the 12:1 mark I think - somewhere safe though.

As for the sound, I like it. You can really hear it sucking in the air and the sound of bulk air rushing out of the exhaust. I also cleaned my POD filter so that probably helped with the induction sound lol

Yeah spewing, they di(ked me around to when I set-up my FG rear housing. Yeah 17psi is getting high but there's not much you can do if the mechanical side isn't playing ball. Simon wouldn't let you drive it not safe so it should be sweet. Have fun :-)

I think it is but he has good supporting hardware.....he has taken the same approach as me. With that sort of boost and power, he will has a very conservative timing curve and should be safe from detonation and sky rocketing cylinder pressures. It will have a lot of torque though :-)