WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread

cunners

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 10m 5d
He sold it & the motor popped... Cracked block spec from excessive piston slappage! :blush:

New owner is forking out for rebuild so should go rather nicely in the near future!

Interesting, piston slappage, you sure about that?

I built the engine, and I can guarantee you that it did not have excessive piston slappage :bopp:

Maybe the fact that the tune in the car was very aggressive could have something to do with the engine breaking!

Feeding 24psi into it @ 3000rpm will destroy engines, no matter how well they are put together, but Russ wanted that 'tyresmoking rush' from low rpm, so that's the result.

What happened is most likely a high throttle input from low rpm, a piston skirt either bent or broke due to excessive boost, causing the damage to the block, rods were 600 kw rated Atomic rods, so I don't see them breaking easily.

The Mahle pistons in this particular engine, are running well in my own car right now, and though not 100% rattle free, they are very quiet, with only slight piston noise evident at idle, and I'm running 364rwkw with an auto, and never had a problem.

Hope this sets the record straight - YOU PLAY, YOU PAY

I regret this was the result for the new owner, and I hope the car is back on the road again soon :spoton:

• Member For: 16y 5m 6d

--- Abit off topic here but! Yes I know im putting the cash to get all the mods at once but I came across something I couldnt pass! lol Picked up a genuine XR8 Bonnet yesterday for $500 cash few paint chips on it and a tiny little bend on top left corner. Though id see how hard it was put it in, took me about 5-10min by my self and here is what it ended up like.

DSCF0823.jpg

DSCF0825.jpg

DSCF0824.jpg

Booked in Monday to get re-sprayed white. Altho having it on I though about getting it painted the 2 tone colour of the side skirts n stuff.. what ya'll think? white or 2 tone colour? I normaly dont like the diff colour bonnet stuff but mmm....

Edited by RATED X

• <put funny sh*t here>
  • Member For: 17y 11m 20d

Here ya go, a quick photoshop for ya. It doesn't look as bad as I thought. When I was driving around with a black bonnet for a week or so, it actually really grew one me.. but as soon as the silver paint was done I thought hell yeah that's way better. At least you have the silver in all the other bits so you have a theme going ya know.

dscf0823grey.jpg

• <put funny sh*t here>
  • Member For: 17y 11m 20d
Spotted Few T's at todays car show, also so XR 40 WA ( think that's what it was :X) was good talking to ya man, engine bay looked nice car is a full on sleeper dude!
That thing is far from a sleeper imo... Dropped with big wheels & black paint covering the windows :blush:
:spoton:
I agree after seeing it today

Been a while since I've been around here, but the above mentioned car has got me thinking about a turbo ute....

hehe cheers guys :bopp:

It was great to catch up with ya again ratedx (sorry forgot your name). Ya don't see many of those >Nov 08 XR6 Turbos driving around, so it will be nice to see it in the flesh one day.