WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread

cunners

jsut needa quick favour of anyone in perth with an old set of 17 or 18 inch rims they want to sell cheap, I need them tomorrow as I just hit a pot hole tonight and busted both my passenger side rims. wheel nuts would also be great as I have special nuts to suit these volks :S

mcihael 0404 584 009 cheers

call me tonight if you've still got my number THOMMO

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 4m 4d
I'll be shooting up north by end of the year hopefully. A few of the guys that have left my work & headed up there are on awesome rotations (5 days on, weekend off & flown back if you want, 4 days on, 3 days off with flight back) and started around the $85k mark. That's office work though & experience is required so not really helpful I guess but just thought I'd add my 2c :tonguepoke:

what kind of office work man?

• Member For: 16y 11m 25d
call me tonight if you've still got my number THOMMO

yerh I hav it here. dropped rims off to be fixed 2 weeks and $500 plus $700 for 2 new tyres

happy times :(

• 12" member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 4m 3d
Anyone work at the mines boys and girls? Like it, hate it?

I've been working in my current job (pet and garden industry) for almost 3 years and while the money isnt bad for retail and someone who lives at home (high 50's) its hardly challenging and I really CBF going to work everyday. I've only ever had 2 real jobs. At woolies for 6 years (earning about 28K a year) and this one. Ideally I'd like to go play with boats (my background studies are boats / fisheries management etc) but im lazy and haven't really looked. I guess im in a comfort zone at my current job. Not always a good place to be!

However, a mate (plays some important role in a bhp mine) could get me onto "his" mine with a decent roster and about 20-30k more than im on now. Of course the extra money would come in handy for a house deposit / travel / FG series 2 XR6T :) Suppose I can only give it a go?

fark im in eggzackery the same position !!!!! apart from retail and knowing someone at BHP and the fisheries thing..

let me know if you get any good contacts in the mining/engineering industry etc.. im defo sick of sitting in an office being a code monkey FFS !!!!

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 19y 1m 3d
fark im in eggzackery the same position !!!!! apart from retail and knowing someone at BHP and the fisheries thing..

let me know if you get any good contacts in the mining/engineering industry etc.. im defo sick of sitting in an office being a code monkey FFS !!!!

Im still looking for a T/A Ross :spoton:

• 12" member
  • Donating Members
I'll be shooting up north by end of the year hopefully. A few of the guys that have left my work & headed up there are on awesome rotations (5 days on, weekend off & flown back if you want, 4 days on, 3 days off with flight back) and started around the $85k mark. That's office work though & experience is required so not really helpful I guess but just thought I'd add my 2c :spoton:

fark that sounds all right for office work !!! what sort of work is it, IT or PC tech or something?? 4 on 3 off would be mofo perfect !!!!!!

• 12" member
  • Donating Members
Can you drive a forklift? We are paying high 60's to mid 70's for T/a's in my workshop.

is that higher than normal for T/A's ?? any other positions available??

• Cant wait to drive it
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 3m 13d
we do work for you guys, I work at Ammtec as a lab tech, get your samples all the time

ill ask around the labbys at work see wats the best way to get ya foot in the door if that's wat you wanna stick with

Richards Mining Services are a good mob to get in touch with they do a lot of traineeships etc is a good way to get your foot in the door too

if you dont mind long rosters (2-3 weeks on) put your names down with people like AGC, Monodelphis, Skilled all those sorts they are always looking for t/a's roustabouts etc especially with shutdowns on and with the gas crisis still going alot of companies are shut down