WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread

cunners

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 6m 13d
fark I was about to say the 450D looks like enough camera for me, but I've since been reading some reviews of the 40D, it seems a more serious machine, and it's only 150 beans more! *sigh* so many choices...and I still need new tyres...

Looking at a local guys site (http://www.qualitycamera.com.au) it appears the 40D is about $1300 for the body only. The 450D body only is $1050 but surely it would be worth spending the extra money!

If I was in you shoes (and lets hope the 350D gets stolen and travel insurance gives me a new one lol) it would be hard to go past

http://www.qualitycamera.com.au/product_in...roducts_id=3525

40D Body and 17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS USM Lens. I had that lens on my camera for a while (befpre upgrading to a Tamron lens) but the camera and lens certainly cost more than 2K.

If you dont want to spend that much, the 450D enthusiast kit comes in around $1799 or the twin lens kit for $1400ish.

Also keep in mind you will probably spend more money on a case (I have a storm case for when im out fishing / boating / camping or any place it might get damaged), maybe a bag (official EOS bag or a lowenpro backpack depending on where im going), maybe a tripod (which you will use for shots of the city and your car at night) and of course some memory cards.

fark I was about to say the 450D looks like enough camera for me, but I've since been reading some reviews of the 40D, it seems a more serious machine, and it's only 150 beans more! *sigh* so many choices...and I still need new tyres...

If it's only 150 beans more then I'd definitely be going for the 40D.

I have 350D and am looking to upgrade very soon to 40D. Brother in Law just bought one but I don't know how he feels about it yet as he took off to Europe for 2 months but I know he was impressed after playing around with it for a couple of days.

My 2 cents worth

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 6m 13d

Guys has anyone got their hands on the peoples chip? Were they nice?

Apparently theres still a few (hundreds I think) packets left at 92.9.. Seriously thinking its worth a run into Subi...

• <put funny sh*t here>
  • Member For: 17y 11m 18d

I heard it didn't really taste like gravy that much.

Would be cool to try still, just to say you've had one :)

Maybe buy a few packets, then freeze them, and sell them for an over inflated price in the future

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 4m 3d

spotted a mercury t with painted cooler and 19's at bp next to gateways about an hour ago..

also a very nice neo f6 in the city with all the boxes checked! big brakes, sunroof, dark agents etc! v nice!

• Hench, but no longer shredded or tanned.
  • Member For: 17y 6m 28d

Got her re-tuned today

352RWKW @ 16psi

I'm finished now, more relieved then happy hahaha

SA.

• Member For: 17y 4m 12d

yeah true, all the extras do add up. BUT I've always liked photography, and it'll be something I'll always use, (this is me justifying spending big $$$ hehehe) and in the past I've gone for lesser models of other things (guitars etc) and been left wanting, so I've since learned to go for the good one from the start, and be happy having all the goodness, even if it costs a few more bucks.

By the way, Netplus in Osborne park have 1tb hard drives goin for $184 if anyone's interested!!! Awesome price,

Netplus terrordrive

I bought myself one :nyaah:

• Member For: 17y 10m 2d
Got her re-tuned today

352RWKW @ 16psi

I'm finished now, more relieved then happy hahaha

SA.

Well done Aaron. So what else have you added to get the extra KW's? I'm starting to get the feeling that I need more power as well. Did you notice the extra KW's from this last tune as you were already around the 340 mark weren't you?

• <put funny sh*t here>
  • Member For: 17y 11m 18d

Nice work there Aaron! sh*t that will go alright!

Hows the auto gonna hold up with that power in front of it now? Actually more importantly, do you actually get any grip at all now? hehe