WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread

cunners

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 6m 13d

I wouldn't bother with Mindarie Exhausts..

A few years ago I rang them up asking to do a 3" straight thru system (NO cats or muffling) on my wrx. They said no problems, come up at 7.30am or whatever time it was and drop it off.

They were 40 minutes late ( I was hanging around waiting) and then I spoke to the guy who answered the phone and he refused to do the work AFTER agreeing on a price on the phone.

He was a wa*ker (and I let him know!). Pat at Mettams Mufflers in Morley is the opposite however. He does what you ask for a fair price. Never had a problem there.

• Member For: 16y 4m 25d

hmm well, apc in wangara wanted 1900 to get the same job done, but instead there using "steel blue" products??? is that an alright brand, haven't heard of them

all I have really heard of is pacemaker, lukey, redback

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 4m 3d

a decent upgrade for the na is to whack a standard xr6t catback on. that's what macey has. I have a centre muffler section at home that you can have for $50, and im sure there is someone with a rear section laying about in WA.

me personally, I would NOT be spending $1800 on an exhaust for an na. get the extractors fitted and cat punched (or after market for ~$200) and bolt up a xr6t catback. that would come in under $1100 at a rough guess.

fitting a catback is easy and I am happy to help if you need it. it might take 3 hours tops.

just my opinion.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 6m 13d

Kierans got a great point!

$1800 is a lot of money to spend for an off the shelf exhaust for a couple of extra HP (which wont really make a difference to power levels) on an NA.

If you really wanted to you might be able to get it tuned (??) and gain a bit more noticeable power with the XR6T exhaust. Would be similiar money!

Edited by Mat