WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread

cunners

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 2m 30d

can anyone tell me where abouts I will be able to pick up some ebc greens or reds off the shelf on saturday? in dire need of brake pads.. mine are hard as rocks with some speed up!!

• Member For: 19y 2m 14d
can anyone tell me where abouts I will be able to pick up some ebc greens or reds off the shelf on saturday? in dire need of brake pads.. mine are hard as rocks with some speed up!!

I had a play with a purple XR8 on Sun (went frigg'n good too, I suspect a supercharger) jumped on the brakes and nothing happened...and I mean nothing. I looked at the speedo and I was still over 200, I brake faded past him (overtaking lane) and then slowed just in time for the car travelling infront. Poo particles everywhere lol.

I had a play with a purple XR8 on Sun (went frigg'n good too, I suspect a supercharger) jumped on the brakes and nothing happened...and I mean nothing. I looked at the speedo and I was still over 200, I brake faded past him (overtaking lane) and then slowed just in time for the car travelling infront. Poo particles everywhere lol.

EXACTLY the same thing with me. freeway last night and a maloo but

• Legendary member!!
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 8m

RDA used to stock EBC pads... they are in welshpool from memory.

Not sure if they still do but used to at a bloody good price.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 5m 9d
That sucks mate. Hopefully you can get it all resolved and she's as good as new!

Took it to Lynford this morning.. Girl who answered was VERY helpful. Took it in a while later and they said they werent sure how long it would take. Very seriously asked for a decent loan car (XR6T or better lol) and was told I could pick it up in the arvo.

Turns out it was a switch or something, but its a new stalk to. Brakes were machined (now only covered for 50K kms in all new fords) oil leaks fixed and somehow they found the time to do an extra 40kms.. Still, the car is as good as new... for now :)

Kieran, im not sure about one of the EBC pads. I'm sure I ran both in the wrx at different times and I know I had problems with one of them. Maybe it was the reds? Lots of brake dust and chewed rotors!) Sold the car with lucas pads (apparently stock sti ones?) and they werent too bad actually! Cheap to! Brake fade isnt fun and the only time I've experienced was on mayo lol about 11pm. Not worth skimping on brakes, tyres and suspension.

Are the Ferodo 2500's or 3000's available for the big fords? Drove a few cars with 3000 with DBA4000 rotors and felt good!

On the subject of brakes, Ross at Lynford was telling me XR6T pads are good for 75,000kms and the rotors far more. Crazy stuff!

I rang perth brakes and they told me that unfortunatly they dont do a ferodo 2500 in the standard ba brakes (they may for the bf but) so I will go for the 2000's again. pick em up saturday! that's what I have currently and was very happy with them when they were new.

I am still on stock rotor front and rear and original rear pads! no machining either! and that is with a 4 year and 90k old car which haas been on track days and hills runs!! and the rear pads still look like they have some life left :buttrock: