WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread

cunners

• <put funny sh*t here>
  • Member For: 17y 11m 17d

It really does look sweet in the engine bay there Ramon (even though the rest of the engine aint there.. hehe), looks a lot better than it came out on my phone screen.

• <put funny sh*t here>

Sick man I appreciate it! Don't worry 6 months be here before I know it :)

I did a bit of modding a few nights back, and installed the infra-red receiver for an XBOX remote control behind the cigarette lighter hole. I don't think anyone's done anything like this yet?

Works great and its a lot more cooler to use than the wireless XBOX controller. It makes it seem more 'factory' I guess.

024a_1.jpg

small_234_3415.jpg

The ultimate goal was to use the factory infra-red receiver which is built into the ICC, but I don't have the time to tear my ICC apart right now.

I also mounted the XBOX inside the spare wheel so that its completely hidden. Runs cooler than an unmodified XBOX (as the Regulated DC power supply puts out no heat at all in comparison to the standard 240V power supply), and is surrounded by foam on all corners/underneath for shock proofing purposes. No need to get to the DVD drive as everything is stored on its 320GB hard drive :)

234_3406.jpg

Edited by XF Falcon

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 7m 16d

Nice write up and install. I am going to install my xbox one day!!! Mine is just going to go under the drivers seat under a false floor that I made up. Now that I have seen you do this I might do the same. It would be good if the xbox remote was not that big though.

• <put funny sh*t here>

Yeah it is big, but there are a lot more functions than just next song, previous song, play, stop, pause..etc. You need the display button up top to switch between visualisations/menu and the menu button, and the info button..etc.

I'm working on hacking up the wireless controller I have, and fitting it all inside the cup holder, so that the buttons stick out of the top and all the guts are hidden. I need to find a cheap cupholder with lid though, cos mine is the one without a lid on it.

• Member For: 18y 3m 11d

I'll swap you mate, mine has a stuff hold down clip anyway so you can take the springs out and glue it down.

let me know mate. of course I'd give you some cash too

Rhys

• <put funny sh*t here>

Ok let me think about it though :P I'm still deciding whether or not I chop up my controller or if I should buy another wireless controller of ebay first.

If you buy a new one in the mean time, I'll gladly buy your spare broken one from you. I would like to have a spare if u know what I mean, incase the one im making doesnt work out I dont want to have to buy another one without a lid.