WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread

cunners

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 6m 6d

Mat

We are more than happy with the 'Phoon clutch working really well. My advise is to be wary of the Xtreme clutch - she drives like a bitch and has a short life expectancy. our didnt make 3 months and its not the daily drive. .... just my 2cents....

D

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 3m 17d
Bombed!! Might give the 'RW a run in the power stakes :P

Anyone have any ideas on clutch options? Had some more bits n peices arrive today but quick chat with simon and he reckons the BF 6 speed manual XR clutch wont make it pass the dyno on anything over 275rwkw....

Ross at Autoclutch might be getting a visit soon!

Spend the extra and get an AP racing typoon clutch. 275 pfffft he's dreaming!! Mine did 267 and was slipping on the dyno, Simon took some timing out to bring it to 250 and still slipped in 4th. 550nm (335nm std). How RAPID runs 300+ on std clutch is beyond me.

• Member For: 19y 4m 2d
OK just got off the blower and heres some prices - all inc fitting, hopefully I wrote it all down right, no idea how they compare !!

235/45/17

KU19 = $179

KU31 = $159 (I think Marangoni were also same price)

245/35/19

KU31 = $279

Marangoni = $255

275/30/19

Sumitomo = $330

Marangoni = $495!

nang,

I m after 2 of those marangoni's in a 235/45/17.. should I send you the money via transfer or can I ring the guy and tell him you put us onto him?

would you be able to get a definate price on them? (they are the mythos right)

thanks a ton dude, will need them within 2 weeks I rekon. f*ckin nail in the tyre.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 6m 12d

Thanks guys!

The Xtreme clutch is definitely out of the question and TBH I dont really wanna spend 3.5-4K on a clutch.

I hear some good (and bad) reports about the mal wood option 3 clutches! Seem to be reasonable price and some people are stoked with them!

IH8TOADS, I read that you (?) run the wog clutch or something?

Whats that like?

I will definitely go see Ross@ autoclutch. He did some great work on my wrx clutches but im really not sure if hes done much XR6T work!

Im sure in 5 years there will be bucketloads of options for these cars :(

• Member For: 17y 10m 1d

Well I just placed an order for a Process West stage 1 cooler from Kevin and booking the car in at Xtreme's the week after next for some injectors, custom tune and a cat.

Not sure whether to go the cat he sells or the Catco 3' with 5 ' body....

Anyway just though I'd share my happiness. Now I just hope I get near that magical number of 300rwkw :tonguepoke:

• Member For: 19y 3m 17d

Mat the wog clutch is a twin plate organic. Similar design to F6 clutch but not as heavy (as in weight). To the foot it's about the same as stock. Currently holding 600nm (was 335 std) no probs. It feels catchy like a ceramic but no shudder and very little roll over type noise. Overall I'm happy with it but I would probably still go a typhoon clutch if money wasn't an issue. The wogs is much cheaper for a similar product.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 6m 12d
Mat the wog clutch is a twin plate organic. Similar design to F6 clutch but not as heavy (as in weight). To the foot it's about the same as stock. Currently holding 600nm (was 335 std) no probs. It feels catchy like a ceramic but no shudder and very little roll over type noise. Overall I'm happy with it but I would probably still go a typhoon clutch if money wasn't an issue. The wogs is much cheaper for a similar product.

Thanks mate. Im not after huge power etc do perhaps this might be a good option to put against the MW3.

What did it set you back if you dont mind me asking?

So with Lil bodes advice I can remove the Xtreme clutch and with the wallets (sadly money is an issue and with that money I could buy a reasonable clutch and buy an airfare to europe!) advice I can remove the phoon clutch!

Edited by Mat