WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread

cunners

• - Track Bound EVO III -
  • Member For: 19y 9m 16d

fccuk the cars.. but u can have both if you do it right..

I had a VL as my 'first' car 12 years ago. I had that thing for 7 years!!! No point selling it as it was worth nothing. But I spent money on it ( too much ) and lost a bomb. But changing cars costs more than spending $$ on them imo. Stamp duty, interest etc, and they always 'need' something..

BUT, In the meantime, I bought a house at 21, I was shacked up with my GF, got married, then upgraded cars after house was settled in. I then got the F6, it's technically my 3rd car, but I've not been without 2 cars for about 13 years.. I have had 3 at one time, and the wife always had hers too.. Bit too much so we're back to 2.. I was without a 'performance' car for 12 months and it did my absolute head in!!!!!!

My point, keep the car, get a house and finance the snot green money pit into the house loan. Don't sell it, as it will cost you more than what you'll save. Keep it a long time, then upgrade, to whatever.. Forget the mods, it's good enough.

Life is, in reality, too short.. But then, looking at housing prices??? Get a girl that works, helps ALOT..

Don't listen to Brendan, womens are good.. :laughing:

• Team Xtreme
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 7m 23d
Mmmm I thought about selling the T and doing the whole house thing as the gf was putting pressure on me to get a house...... As Jordak said, I slapped myself several times...... then bailed the gf.

I'm happy as larry  :laughing:

rofl :nono:

• 570Nm @1800rpm
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 9d
fccuk the cars..  but u can have both if you do it right..

I had a VL as my 'first' car 12 years ago. I had that thing for 7 years!!! No point selling it as it was worth nothing. But I spent money on it ( too much ) and lost a bomb. But changing cars costs more than spending $$ on them imo. Stamp duty, interest etc, and they always 'need' something..

BUT, In the meantime, I bought a house at 21, I was shacked up with my GF, got married, then upgraded cars after house was settled in. I then got the F6, it's technically my 3rd car, but I've not been without 2 cars for about 13 years.. I have had 3 at one time, and the wife always had hers too.. Bit too much so we're back to 2.. I was without a 'performance' car for 12 months and it did my absolute head in!!!!!!

My point, keep the car, get a house and finance the snot green money pit into the house loan. Don't sell it, as it will cost you more than what you'll save. Keep it a long time, then upgrade, to whatever.. Forget the mods, it's good enough.

Life is, in reality, too short.. But then, looking at housing prices??? Get a girl that works, helps ALOT..

Don't listen to Brendan, womens are good..  :laughing:

:nono:

I was considering selling the Fairmont and getting something newer and better on fuel. But when doing the sums, it would cost me about $3000 just to get into another car. IMO not worth it! I just decided on keeping the car and getting a 50" plasma, instead of the 42" :nono:

:spoton:

Edited by XtRmn8

• - Track Bound EVO III -
  • Member For: 19y 9m 16d

I just decided on keeping the car and getting a 50" plasma, instead of the 42"  :laughing:

When will you snappers learn. Plasmas are :pooh:

Projector all the way :msm::stirthepot:

• Colossal Member
  • Member For: 20y 1m 7d

Hehe congrats Allan!!

Thanks for the advice guys, something I need to think about seriously. Ben do you think the lease is worth it over buying new?

• TEAM BLUEPRINT
  • Member For: 21y 7m 27d
Hehe congrats Allan!!

Thanks for the advice guys, something I need to think about seriously. Ben do you think the lease is worth it over buying new?

steve

I just got out of the lease thing and it cost me a :spoton: load.

you have to do your sums, but to me it seems cheaper with personal loan unless you got a business and can claim the lease payments on tax. :spoton:

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 9m 7d
Hehe congrats Allan!!

steve

I just got out of the lease thing and it cost me a :pooh: load.

you have to do your sums, but to me it seems cheaper with personal loan unless you got a business and can claim the lease payments on tax. :spoton:

I agree :spoton:

All things being equal, you will be paying administration and profit to a leasing company, where if you do your own legwork and get the best finance available, then you are probably better off.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 9m 7d
Look at the number of posts - Finally made 1000 :spoton:

And you've been a member since 24-December 02

talk about a forum stalker...

Forum stalker, hmm maybe - Better than a post wh*re :pooh: