WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread

cunners

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 9m 15d
the last 2 issues  :spoton:

Simon, I'd say it's a fair comment that your getting a lot of exposure at the moment, with the magazine coverage of PSC, and the advertising on various forums. Not withstanding the number of photo's of your customers' cars on this forums etc it looks like business is doing great :pooh:

With that in mind, I was surprised to hear a customer at APC in Wangara on Saturday say they weren't prepared to leave their car at your house. Nothing wrong with working from home; I freelance a fair bit from my workshop though. I didn't take the comment seriously, as I know when you tuned my car back in Feb '05 you mentioned you were having a workshop built somewhere. When we spoke 3-4 months ago you suggested you were having some building works done for the workshop.

How's the workshop progressing?

Mods, please feel free to move this to Extreme's section if appropriate.

Edited by M6 XR6T

Guest newl
  • Guests
Eddies TT Late model camira made 1895 RWHP at the show on sunday night  :tease:

Yeah, they were talking about that one on Saturday noting that the rebuild wasn't finished (had a crack between #1 and #2 cyl AFAIR) and that it'd hopefully be ready for the show Sunday.

• Team Xtreme
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 8m 11d
the last 2 issues  :tease:

Simon, I'd say it's a fair comment that your getting a lot of exposure at the moment, with the magazine coverage of PSC, and the advertising on various forums. Not withstanding the number of photo's of your customers' cars on this forums etc it looks like business is doing great :tease:

With that in mind, I was surprised to hear a customer at APC in Wangara on Saturday say they weren't prepared to leave their car at your house. Nothing wrong with working from home; I freelance a fair bit from my workshop though. I didn't take the comment seriously, as I know when you tuned my car back in Feb '05 you mentioned you were having a workshop built somewhere. When we spoke 3-4 months ago you suggested you were having some building works done for the workshop.

How's the workshop progressing?

Mods, please feel free to move this to Extreme's section if appropriate.

suprising, as I havent had a single customer have issues with leaving a car here to date(Specially since they ownly need be here for a few hours mostly) so if they did have a problem I would say they where never a customer of mine to begin with. My worshop that im currently using is next to my house behind the gates at the side, Ive had 160 square meters of concrete layed and a 64 square meter workshop built (thanks muzza420 and hideous for your help)(Neil for the full electrical instillation)and am about to get around 100 square metres of patio areas put around the workshop aswell.

Most of my customers and close friends know I have a wife with a rare bone disease that has forced her to have 2 hip replacments and knee surgery and ankle surgery(Age now 31) and with 3 young children im needed a fair amount for assistance around the house, Luckily this hasnt seemed to affect business as I cant keep up with my work load.

So yes its going great, business is doing well and so is my family.

http://www.xtremefordtuning.com/images/gallery/P1010246.JPG

http://www.xtremefordtuning.com/images/gallery/P1010247.JPG

Ive attached a couple of pics of the nearly finished workshop, the roller door to the left is the entrance from the house and where im standing is another 2 entrance points for the cars to come in and out, soon to be a hiost on the left.

Its certainly been interesting transforming a house into a house and a place of work but I think its been worth it.

Hope that answers anything you where wondering :blink:

Edited by Xtreme F6

• Member For: 19y 6m 2d

I would much rather leave my car with simon than any workshop... even ford for that matter.. at least I know simon will look after the car and not go though my stuff.. I mean who knows if they get a young guy to test drive your car and move it or whatever.. if you know simon you know you can trust him and good on him for keeping his business and family life going together.. I mean he could say stuff you all and go work for someone else! And simon I want some discount next time for all these kind words! :tease:

• Team Xtreme
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 8m 11d
I would much rather leave my car with simon than any workshop... even ford for that matter.. at least I know simon will look after the car and not go though my stuff.. I mean who knows if they get a young guy to test drive your car and move it or whatever.. if you know simon you know you can trust him and good on him for keeping his business and family life going together.. I mean he could say stuff you all and go work for someone else! And simon I want some discount next time for all these kind words!  :tease:

hahah :tease: , I think I have something for you somewhere :blink:

• - Track Bound EVO III -
  • Member For: 19y 10m 4d

With that in mind, I was surprised to hear a customer at APC in Wangara on Saturday say they weren't prepared to leave their car at your house.

:stirthepot:

I must say, things 'heard' must be taken with a grain of salt nowdays.

I've heard one guy rant and rave about letting some F&*#ing useless #@*&t near his car, after someone couldn't scale injectors, and it had to be sent to someones 'house' to get fixed......

Hell, did you know APC tuned my ute to run 11 seconds?? I did....... funny as I never told anyone that.

You will always get people dis-satisfied with service, services or results, somewhere.

I have been, I will be again, and there aint alot can be one about it, except move on..

Next time you speak with Trevor, say G'day.. I did the Ceilings in his house in Bullsbrook umpteen years ago.. He should remember me :)

• 12" member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 3m 25d
I would much rather leave my car with simon than any workshop... even ford for that matter.. at least I know simon will look after the car and not go though my stuff.. I mean who knows if they get a young guy to test drive your car and move it or whatever.. if you know simon you know you can trust him and good on him for keeping his business and family life going together.. I mean he could say stuff you all and go work for someone else! And simon I want some discount next time for all these kind words!  :stirthepot:

I agree!! not that I have had my car modded yet by simon, but after being on the forums for a year or so and seeing the lengths he goes to help customers and his awesome results, I know when I do finally succumb to the modding bug Xtreme is where I will be going... just need to persuade the missus we dont really need the theatre room and new drinkin arena to be finished just yet.. they look fine half done IMO hehehe

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 9m 15d

I must say, things 'heard' must be taken with a grain of salt nowdays.

Agreed, that's why I said I didn't take the comment seriously.

As Simon has replied, he has his workshop, and the customer was probably never his.

It's not unusual for some of the XR6T/F6 owners to have every man and dog under the sun tune their car.

As long as the money keeps rolling in no-one is going to turn away a tune.