WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread

cunners

• Member For: 14y 11m 13d

Just looked at posts on Street Commondores W.A. and Steel Bumper Cruises W.A.

It appears people at the recent Claremont Hot Rod show all of a sudden received letters advising that there cars would need to go over the pits prior to being able to pay their registration this year.

I can't get into Failbook at work otherwise I would post the links plus both sites are closed groups and I'm waiting for one to give me access so I can see exactly what the deal is.

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 19y 5d

Wah Wah WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

"The band’s current lineup features Chris Cheney (The Living End), Joey Cape (Lagwagon), Jay Bentley (Bad Religion), Dave Raun (Lagwagon) and Spike Slawson (Uke Hunt), with founding members Chris Shiflett (Foo Fighters) and Fat Mike (NOFX) sitting out this time around.
Read more at http://musicfeeds.com.au/news/first-gimme-gimmes-announce-2017-australian-tour/#DKZ6kEKqieG9pLBS.99"

it's not MFATGG without Fat Mike... [comicsans] Sad Face [/comicsans]

• All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 6m 15d

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Along similar music lines, though. You listened to the new Frenzal Rhomb album, @Ralph Wiggum?

Edited by .Stripes.

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 4d

Not good news there Dave, hopefully they keep out of Racewars if that is the way things are heading.

Modified cars cause few problems but are easy targets.  It's dickhead drivers and unsafe condition vehicles that are the real threat, we should have roadworthy checks here (as annoying as that would be).

• Like 1

A quick question, has anyone here had to courier a large part like a bonnet to W.A.?

I am just waiting on a price to ship a bonnet to Perth from the wrecker over east, depending on the price, I would like a backup plan or another other quote to see if they are comparable.

3 hours ago, discostig said:

It's dickhead drivers and unsafe condition vehicles that are the real threat, we should have roadworthy checks here (as annoying as that would be).

It appears that might be the way we are heading, I don't know about yearly checks but it appears we might get checks for older vehicles.  Other states have them and I do agree with them from a safety viewpoint but in our states case, I suspect it's more of a revenue raising thing.

If they were really worried about safety, why the hell do they keep giving repeat offenders extraordinary licenses or for the ones that just don't seem to give a damn, fines and no prison time?

Just let my old man know to expect a Lightning Strike coloured XR8 bonnet turning up on his doorstep over the next week.

I just need two more things to turn up and then down to a panel beaters to get some modifications done.

• Like 1