WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread

cunners

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 2d

I saw a B series bonnet with the XB nostrils for sale. I love XB GTs so I was keen but decided for $1000 it wouldn't suit the lines of the car and really I should by an XB GT if I wanted one hahaha. Instead I put BMW lights in my car LOL

And nah not me, my work uniform is black shirt and I have the straight spoked Phoon 18" rims and Brembos now! Need painting badly especially driver's side. Thing is half pink.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 4m 1d

Yeah hopefully you have a nice easy sale....although there are a few FG's on the market right now :P But I'm sure the right buyer is out there somewhere! haha

And cheers for the info on the bonnet...sounds way to complicated for my liking (and would prob cost me heaps to fabricate something similar)...and knowing me I would probably just settle on a v8 bonnet cause its cheaper lol

On a side note.......does anyone here know about the exhaust brand called "Rage" ?

I think its a NZ made brand....but just wondering if any WA people have an opinion on them? I'm going to start a thread in exhaust section to see if anyone knows anything about them.

I might be looking at a 3 inch catback exhaust, but don't know whether its just a waste of time/money. There was one youtube video clip, and it sounded OK (but I guess many of you cool kids running high boost would think it sounds sh!ttywok and 'tinny')....plus videos always sound different in real life, and I suspect this brand may drone heaps or something (and that's why its available cheap).

And I know the FG is mainly 3" catback, but there is the pipes from centre muffler to cat pipe I think, that is actually 2 twin pipes (in a very funny shape)....so by removing this maybe it will help later on when I can afford my tune and install my ballistic high flow cat? And maybe the straight through mufflers will be more efficient than stock system? I think the guy said it was straight through mufflers and mild steel but painted black.

• Donating Members

LOL @ the BMW lights.....did you buy those DRL lights or something? Or the halo ones? I remember when halo lights were the sh!t and all the ricers were rocking them bad boys (myself included :P ahahaha)

and yeah I didn't think it was you Steve, cause I remember you posting pics of your peeling twistys and your story about not trimming the backplate for your rear territory/F6 calipers lol

• All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 6m 13d

Dowen, did ford still have the 2.9% finance on the GT?

The 2.9% finance was only for 2013 plated vehicles I believe, and despite what carsales shows there's actually not many new FPV's kicking around at the moment, hence I couldn't get an F6...not that I'm complaining about a GT haha :D

Plus, there's terms with the 2.9% that I don't like. For example you're locked in for a certain period and can't make extra repayments. I like to set my loans over the longest time period I can to make the base payment the smallest and then smash extra off the top and pay it out much quicker anyway. Also, I believe you have to provide 10% deposit.

Edited by dowen

• All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 6m 13d

I saw a B series bonnet with the XB nostrils for sale. I love XB GTs so I was keen but decided for $1000 it wouldn't suit the lines of the car and really I should by an XB GT if I wanted one hahaha. Instead I put BMW lights in my car LOL

Was it off of a black Ute Steve? If so that was the guys other one he made. I reckon my bonnet suited the lines of the FG more than the other one on the B series.

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 2d

Dunno, was ages ago. PS nitro - my rims aren't twistys, those are the 19" ones. You can see my halo lights in the pic kyle put up earlier. Just had to leave the lights on concrete for 20 minutes on a 32° day and was able to pry them open, glue turns to super tough bubblegum. If I had a spare car I would have like to figure out a solid mount but I just used "acid free" silicone. still holding on 5 years later!

• Donating Members

They aren't twistys?....I gotta look at your build thread again then lol....

OK...so I just looked at your thread then and yeah my mistake....I thought you had twistys but I see they are those typhoon rims (as you clearly mentioned before! hahah) and no point telling me how to do the halo DIY....I am very mechanically retarded and would never attempt it myself...but Im sure it would be helpful to someone else.

I was thinking the ones on fleabay....they are exchange ones or $500 if you don't have good condition lights...these are for FG's btw....but at least you confirmed if you do it properly it wont come apart (as one guy was saying to me if you buy halos they will fall apart and never be the same again :P)