WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread

cunners

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 4m 1d

Also I saw this guy selling the first fg gt (2008 #001 build) with 50,000kms...and hes trying to get 75K.

Would having the #1 build actually deserve the premium price hes asking? I guess maybe when its actually a "classic" maybe its worth it then?

• Donating Members

I've read there's about a 50-70rwkw difference between the GT and the turbos, meaning I'd need that much more power than Steve to run with him....And I'm definitely getting this one, contract has been signed and approved by the sales manager. Should take delivery early next month.

Makes sense....and that's awesome! Lucky you!!!!

• All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 6m 13d

Yeah cheers! I'm still a bit edgy spending this much money on a car...but what the hell, you only live once right?...

I'm so gonna end up renting for the rest of my life, coz at this rate I won't be able buy a house anytime soon... :mellow:

Edited by dowen
  • Like 1

• 570Nm @1800rpm
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 5d

aaronm, I was going to order the Koya ISR5 through Koya back when they were first released. I liked the fact they could do them in custom offset but after placing order I found out the 8.5" fronts with a +20 offset would not clear Brembo calipers so canned the order. Also lucky becuase they had no 8.5" fronts in stock at the time, which meant I was still waiting when I found out. The Koyas are pretty heavy, but that's why they are cheap I guess. They look great thought.

No regrets with my TSW wheels. Awesome finish on them and they are lighter then oem 19s.

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 2d

Re the power to 1/4 mile difference from Turbocharged I6 to the SC V8, it's all about the area under the line not the peak power. The Barra gets power and thus torque going fairly early so it has a head start I guess you could say. That's the simplest way to explain it.

Have heard that the Miami really gets going in higher gears though so highway roll ons would be a worry for me, not to mention if I'm caught napping off boost, especially B series stock turbo.

• Donating Members

makes sense! I've never been in or even seen the 5.0 SC in action .... I just thought v8s were supposed to have good low-mid range (or maybe it was mid-high range) lol

and LOL at the caught napping off boost in a B series stock turbo....none of that bs in my FG baby turbs :P but yeah you will chop me in the higher revs/after the 120kph mark hahah

Also thought I spotted you the other day steve on the Mitchell around 6pm....but fairly sure it was just another silver XR6T....he only had stock 17s and I didn't see no brembos so don't think it was you! (plus he was in tradie clothes and I think I read somewhere you are an IT guy?).

• Like 1

• Donating Members

^^^ Nice one!

Good luck with the sale :)

Just out of curiosity....I'm sure someone may have already asked this, but was your bonnet purchased as a complete bonnet from a supplier?

Or did you just purchase the scoops and get someone to modify your stock bonnet? Or did you buy the car like that already and have no idea?

• All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 6m 13d

Cheers mate! Hoping it doesn't take tooooo long to sell...

With regards to bonnet, I bought the car like that, however I do know the bonnets origin. The original owner of the car bought it off a guy on eBay who fabricated it himself. The dude had made one for his BA and then made this one in preparation for buying an FG...but never bought the FG I believe, so sold the bonnet. The previous owner bought it in primer, fitted the XB GT flutes and painted it.

Edited by dowen