WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread

cunners

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 1d

Ethanol is known to loosen the crap in the tank and lines and clog up fuel filters, mainly E85 I'm talking about though. I'd be scared of using it in my car given the age. New Intank pump filter and inline filter would be required a few times I think, maybe after 1000km and 5000km and inspect them?

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 2m 17d

93 octane in America is equivalent to 98 in Australia. Same same. P100 is upto 10% ethanol so it's safe for stock XR6T's....there's enough scope in the calibration to deal with 10% ethanol.

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 4m

Stuff E85 then Steve....I CBF having to constantly change fuel filter every 5000kms lol or clogging up the lines ... ill just stick to the 98 (even if it means less power)

and in regards to Toads comment....(my quote/multiquote isn't working for some reason?)....I hate it when there's conflicting info lol but your answers always seem very logical so at least I know I haven't done damage by using the P100 those couple of times....but as stated...ill just stick to 98 :)

CHEERS!

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 19y 2d

I'm running P100 in my F6. Minimal change to fuel trims, still get 440+kms out of a tank, Injector duty cycle is still within safe limits on 12lb's boost and no change in on boost lambda between U98 and P100.

and an almost forgot, the car loves it.

• Donating Members

Ah yes my injector duty cycle would be up at 90% I'm guessing so probably not a good idea for me to try based on that alone. Then there's the custom tune of course

• Donating Members

The super regular filter changes would only be needed for as long as it takes the gunk to stop coming loose from the fuel system though if you did change to it. Toads and Ralph correct me if I'm wrong? Should be OK with changing the filters every 25,000 or even more once it's all cleaned out? Like you would on a normal 98 car. Cheap to do inline filter!

• Donating Members

yay wise man wiggum has chimed in lol

Do you notice a difference in power as well? Like the car likes to rev a little bit more easily?

When you say 440+ is that actual kms travelled, or including what the trip computer says is still left....like normally I might get 350-400 but there will still be a bit of fuel left (1/8th tank) and the trip computer will say 80 kms left sort of thing....it could be that I like to drive around mainly in the 2500-3500 range (and a few WOT when I feel like it lol)

Also is your F6 still stock atm?

• Donating Members

Oh I see what you mean now Steve....I was reading it wrong thinking you had to do it every 5000kms :P

It doesn't seem too bad...but still E85 is too far from me (Alkimos to Osborne Park)...so doubt I'll be getting my tune on that stuff! (maybe my second tune, years from now lol)

and yeah...I do mine every 20000kms, but maybe I will stretch to 25,000 .... and it was pretty cheap, Fraud charged me $70 (including the price of the filter) but I'm sure most are skilled enough to do it themselves hahah

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 19y 2d

yay wise man wiggum has chimed in lol

I'm no wiser than the Toadster. If he says it, it's gospel!

440 measured as litres pumped in vs k's travelled. To be fair though my regular commute is pretty devoid of stop/start traffic.

A resent run down to Preston beach return upwards of 550 out of tank but I use my cruise control flat out and don't speed/accelerate hard on long drives.

The car is much happier on P100 smoother,revs easier and idles super smooth. I have dialled in a few more degress timing and the car loves it.

We are about to get a united 5mins from my house so will be running P100 exclusively (currently have a 10km round trip to fuel up) and E85 for fun.

• Donating Members

Sure, you know you're smart as when it comes to these cars (or most cars things I would imagine haha) :P

Don't think I've ever seen a post from you that didn't make sense....but I will take note that Toads is a smart fella too! (again, most of his posts sound pro as well)

Hmmm....I only recently did a 'major' service, cleaning TB, Injectors + rail, fuel filter, k&n clean, intake cone replacement and a good service (started using nulon full synth)....and I only just filled up my car on Tuesday....but already I think I'm starting to get better fuel economy. Before that I was barely getting 350kms per tank so I think its helped.

So far I've gotten about 200 kms with just over half a tank left...so I'm probably on par to do around 450+ ...and that's with daily duties .... air con and some stop start traffic (bloody Mitchell freeway is so crap these days lol)....plus hitting boost all the time to hear my flutter probably isn't helping.....with the baby turbo its just so hard not to hit boost :)

Maybe in a week or two I will try and do a good fuel test and baby it around and maybe then I'll get some higher figures....but that's not fun

And that's good to hear about the P100....I thought my car felt better, so glad to know it wasn't just all in my head :thumbsup:

I too have a united which is a 10km round trip ... so once I can ever afford to get my 'first tune' ... I will probably go for the P100 and see what happens...I don't have to buy any fancy stuff to run it in my car right? I will talk to Rob about it when the time comes ;)

E85 and maxing the baby turbo would be cool....but seeing as my closest servo is Osborne Park....I know my luck and I will forget to fill up and be left stranded lol

Also when you say you dialled in more degrees timing, that obviously means tuned car hey....apparently these cars actually get better fuel economy after a tune, so maybe I'll get even more later on down the track (if I can resist not flooring it that is) lol

sorry about the long post people....ill stop now :laughcont: