WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread

cunners

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 1d

Hit that kerb just right!

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 3m 30d

I don't know what any of the figures are supposed to be...but what SteveR said ^^^ hahaha

The one thing I found a little funny was the description of the car....it magically turned from a stock ride height FG ute to a lowered BF MKII Ute lol

The picture in your sig depicts that its neither one of those cars :P

• Get It To Wheelspin Uncontrolably Then Give It Another 5 Pounds
  • Cruise Control
  • Member For: 13y 11m 4d

for those interested in the numbers relating to Camber/Caster/Toe, here is a good description of them

http://www.ozebiz.com.au/racetech/theory/align.html

as for the "vehicle description", hadn't noticed till you pointed it out. but I did nudge a kerb with my front right, which is very noticeable in the latest "Toe - Before" number. as for the rear im really unsure as to why it straightned out. I was going to replace some rear end bushes (or something... Luke suggested to do it) but not sure if I need to now.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 3m 30d

hmmm....that's a good link...I will have to read it later when I CBF

I guess when you take it a tyre place to do an alignment (or Ford or wherever), they are going to set it up the way Ford engineered it right?

So if you have a lowered car, the figures would need to change? And then there would be different figures for what works best in difference scenarios....so one setup for circuit/drift would be different to straight line 1/4 mile stuff....and who says what's best?

And I would assume it would be different for each car I.e. XR6T compared to jap cars would be vastly different.

Maybe there's a thread somewhere with good recommendations for camber/caster/toe settings and if there is then maybe I should be mentioning it to Bob Jane and the like (whenever I go in for a wheel alignment).

So much different crap to consider :/ lol

Considering I'm still at stock height ATM, I will just leave the settings to whatever is recommended by Ford...once the SSL's go in, then I will do a bit more research

• All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 6m 12d

Thanks to a prior rental tenant mad.png, I'm in need of some carpet cleaning SOR. Just thought I'd put it out there to see if anyone had any experiences (good or bad) with carpet cleaning companies in Perth. I'm after someone who will do a pretty good job, as at present some rooms smell and look pretty nasty (thinking pet urine? and oil of some description), but don't want to be bent over on price too much either.

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 19y 2d

I'd recommend anyone wanting their b or f series falcon to handle, get an extra degree or so of castor dialled into the front end. It will improve the centreing and wieght of the steering when cornering.

• Get It To Wheelspin Uncontrolably Then Give It Another 5 Pounds
  • Cruise Control
  • Member For: 13y 11m 4d

is caster adjustable from factory?

actually, looking at those figures properly, bit of a difference in factory settings between the BF and FG (or possible because of ride height as well)....

Edited by Krazy Kyle