WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread

cunners

• All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 6m 10d

Any one going to the drags tomorrow night?

<br /><br />Was good to meet you tonight mate, albeit briefly. What was your best time in the end? Get the tune sorted?
  • Like 1

• Hench, but no longer shredded or tanned.
  • Member For: 17y 5m 27d

I had my old sh*theap GT3566 and stock manifold for sale and fitted the 6BOOST low mount and GTX35 to my heap of Crap. Yeah mummba has the 6BOOST high mount & 6466 combo......he passes me like I'm not even moving. Once you go to an aftermarket manifold the cost goes through the roof.....but I'm really happy with mine.

<br /><br />Yea ill prolly enjoy my gtx a little more once im on the ethanol cause from what ive heard they pick up a fair bit of response down low compared to 98. <br /><br />Selling surgy still... some bloke offered me 350 for it.. I mean cmon pal serious offers please.

• To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 9m 24d

turboboink, I was yanking your chain.... :P

I have a Samsung tab and it is the same thing. I have to double read my posts before clicking the post button.

Pisses me off. I am soooo tempted to just turn it off.

Dowen, how did you go last night, what were your times?

The car in for the clutch today or was that last week?

• Like 1

• Member For: 11y 10m 9d

<br /><br />Was good to meet you tonight mate, albeit briefly. What was your best time in the end? Get the tune sorted?

Hey mate yeh was nice of u to pull up n have a chat.. N yeh after the retune I ended up pulling a new PB of 11.96.. I was over the moon when I ran that with my little turbo which ran outta puff at 301rwkw lol.. Not bad for a car that just drove from Brisbane to perth I thought.. Prob go back when I get the small turbo on E85 fuel..

• Like 2

• Member For: 11y 6m 28d
I had my old sh*theap GT3566 and stock manifold for sale and fitted the 6BOOST low mount and GTX35 to my heap of Crap. Yeah mummba has the 6BOOST high mount & 6466 combo......he passes me like I'm not even moving. Once you go to an aftermarket manifold the cost goes through the roof.....but I'm really happy with mine.

What do the new manifolds do? What sort of power gains do you get? Are they like extractors where it's making it easier for your engine to push out the exhaust therefore increasing horsepower or is it simply to mount the turbo differently and handle more heat etc?

Sorry for noob question just like to learn all this sh*t!

Edited by Lennox
  • Like 1

• All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 6m 10d

Dowen, how did you go last night, what were your times?

The car in for the clutch today or was that last week?

Well, given it was my first time at the drags...and I'm a fat carnt my first couple of runs were low 12's, all others were 11.9's. Best was 11.836.

Yep, dropped the car off for new clutch this morning. Hoping it makes it feel a lot nicer.

Hey mate yeh was nice of u to pull up n have a chat.. N yeh after the retune I ended up pulling a new PB of 11.96.. I was over the moon when I ran that with my little turbo which ran outta puff at 301rwkw lol.. Not bad for a car that just drove from Brisbane to perth I thought.. Prob go back when I get the small turbo on E85 fuel..

Good stuff! I'd need way more power than that with my manual T to even get close to that time!

Edited by dowen
  • Like 1

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 9m 30d

my first couple of runs were low 12's, all others were 11.9's. Best was 11.836.

Dowen I take it you meant 12's. Yeah you manual cars have a hard time hey! At least half a second slower, often a full second compared to an auto car of similar power.

Lennox I'm pretty sure the twisty piped 6Boost exhaust manifolds allow the firing order of the cylinders to hit the exhaust turbine at more evenly timed intervals compared to the stock one that is a bit messy, so it spins it faster sooner. Probably more to it than that though as that's about the limit of my knowledge.

• Like 1

• To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 9m 24d

I was wondering what Steve was on about until I read the above post lol.

IF Dowen was doing 11 sec passes, imagine what my car would be doing now, especially after the tune.

;)