WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread

cunners

• Hench, but no longer shredded or tanned.
  • Member For: 17y 5m 27d

Got my car serviced/oil line fitted/filters changed, found out I need new engine mounts ;/ Been getting an increasing amount of vibration through the steering wheel/dash on idle and thought it was the exhaust touching somewhere but yeah what can ya do!

MT is going on a 2 weeks break for chrissy so I've put the upgrades on hold as the boys were waiting for parts and they didnt arrive in time due to delays this time of year.

In other news I'm selling my surge tank and 044 bosch pump (for an FG) if anyones keen I'll unload it for a good price but it won't be coming off the car untill mid next month when she goes back to monstatorque and you can pick it up from Rob.

PM for details if interested bros.

Edited by turboboink

• Member For: 11y 6m 28d

"I'm no mechanic and the car is sold as is"

I'd probably delete that line man, I read that as " there is a serious problem somewhere here, if it blows up on the way home too bad"

• skids
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 8m 26d

xr6t sold yay.

and yeah there are serious problems with it, im just no mechanic to know what is seriously wrong.

A dealer bought it then the back door suddenly wouldnt shut right as he was about to drive away hahaha.

the diff is f*cked, the 4spd tranny slips, the coils are f*cked, the tyres are f*cked, rego due, insurance due, needs new turbo, the list goes on and on and on and on.

Edited by johnxr6t
  • Like 1

• All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 6m 10d

Speaking of diff's, anyone interested in buying my old diff centre (lsd) off me? I put in a TrueTrac so don't have any further use for it. It's in great condition, open to genuine offers.

• Hench, but no longer shredded or tanned.
  • Member For: 17y 5m 27d

Upgrading to a twin encased pw pump system with the pw rail and turbosmart regulator for when I go in for the e85 tune as I'm close to a bowser.

Just chasing bigger than 400 is the only reason lol

Edited by turboboink

• All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 6m 10d

I answered this for GeGe6 via pm, but for anyone else who might be interested to know my experience I'll post it here too.

Firstly, I can highly recommend anyone with any diff related issues or questions to speak to Mel from WA diff centre. The guy knows what he's on about about doesn't spin lots of BS. Honest bloke who genuinely wants to see you happy. I had my diff rebuilt by them with a TrueTrac added and all new seals and bearings. Since having it rebuilt my diff is as quiet as a mouse. No whining, even with a solid centre diff bush.

The TrueTrac is a nice bit of kit, feels nice and smooth...but I think I'd be lying if I said I've noticed a night and day difference between it and the standard lsd. My standard lsd always hooked up fine. So take that how you will, and others experience may differ, but I'm definitely happy with the work I had done at WA diff centre.