WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread

cunners

• skids
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 8m 26d

Nice one! They are a fantastic car!

What colour u go for? Good kms?

grey (ego?), if there has been any repairs it's definitely minor or really well done, panel fit/finish was spot on, no rubber under rear bumper (lol dont look under my BA's bumper...) km's are up there a little but its got brand new diff bushes fitted by ford. I love the look of the G6E turbo that the open diff isn't too much of an issue. Drivers seat was sooooooooo comfy I feel like I could fall asleep in it.

The 6 speed ZF I've never been able to go into performance manual shift with before, it shifted spot on and smooth as considering I was wearing my steel capped boots (it's safe to say, if you're selling a car, don't let someone who's 20 test drive your turbo falcon by themselves).

Don't wanna say too much till the deals done, but basically I'm signed up and finance is fully approved, but I can still pull out.

Edited by johnxr6t

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 11m 28d

Yeah I found the same thing John, and didn't like it for my personal needs/wants. They are super comfy, not only the seat but the way the car feels, the suspension, the power delivery, everything. I gave it a bit when I was having a look at one, and it felt so slow, but it was actually going a lot faster than it felt. I was used to my old jumpy/bouncy BFII F6, that was just ready to go when you wanted it to, I dunno, kinda the difference you'd feel between a WRX and an EVO. I like the little bit stiffer suspension of the XR6 turbo that I have as oppose to the G6E turbo's "grandpa" feel. Great car, and really enjoyed it. Just wasn't for me :)

Is it staying stock or? I have to say I was really impressed with Boris and his xr6T, a few people go on about it, and I've seen it with my own eyes now, chucking on a few mods and maxing out the stock turbo looks like its awesome fun.

• skids
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 8m 26d

Well the thing is, I happen to have run into some money but after buying full comprehensive for a year I'll only have about 2-3 grand that I can comfortably spend on it.

Glad im choosing this route over fixing the BA up.

It'll be going in to XFT or monsta torque (undecided) for some work, maybe starting with a ZF service and finishing with a tune + injectors.

Edited by johnxr6t

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 9m 30d

Yeah tune and squirters will be good. Do the cat too though even just a cut/weld in job, cheap and worth it, except I hear the newer emissions complaint ones are pretty good, forget the certification though, brain still a bit blank from the weekend.

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 19y

ZF guru's

Who's up for a steel pan conversion. Kit includes Pan (with drain and fill plugs) Gasket and Replacements bolts. Price is $330 inc new Mechatronics Plugs seals. I can still arrange 20lts drums of Gulf Western Syntrans for $120 a drum so the pan/oil comes it at a "cheap" service for a ZF.