WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread

cunners

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 2m 17d

I have a single 044 PW surge, stock rail and drop in replacement reg (not really needed though). At 15psi on my set-up though I'm nearly out of pump. It will suffice for a GTX3576r or the stock FG turbo.

The PW surge with 460 walbro and stage 1 fitting kit (turbo smart reg) is the go if you want more power in the future.

• SHLAMBD.
  • Member For: 12y 4m 19d

good question. ive only got ID1000's and no other fuel system mods and im going straight on it. apparently it smells awesome!? what about popping flames? haha

• 570Nm @1800rpm
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 3d

Thanks toads.

Hopefully by the time I am ready to tune mine there are more e85 pumps SOR.

Are you running the same or less boost on e85 compared to your 98 tune?

Apart from extra peak number how does it compare to a 98 tune?

Thanks

• Like 1

• Hench, but no longer shredded or tanned.
  • Member For: 17y 5m 28d

Im having to upgrade my single surge pump to a twin, adding the pw rail and regulator kit. But this is for the 440-450rwkw region. I can go for the tune now but was advised against.. plus id rather have the extra insurance

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 2m 17d

Thanks toads.

Hopefully by the time I am ready to tune mine there are more e85 pumps SOR.

Are you running the same or less boost on e85 compared to your 98 tune?

Apart from extra peak number how does it compare to a 98 tune?

Thanks

Same boost as my 98 and P100 tune. Car drives exactly the same, just turns the tyres easier! I now have a GTX35 on a twin scroll 6BOOST manifold and divided 1.06 ex turbine housing......my datalogs show boost coming on sooner than factory and much much MUCH quicker than the GT3566r. So its really quite perky now and still pulls strong up top. Its a great 400 kw street combo.

Stroller.....sounds to me like you are going to need to upgrade your pump!

Aaron what pump have you got in yours at the moment?

• Boost Addict
  • Member For: 16y 2m 3d

Havn't tried pump e85 on pump but when I ran the csr e85 on the old car with stock engine/gt35 made about 30rwkw difference, on same boost and the lower rev ranges were much smoother.

I am thinking about doing something similar to mine in attempt to max out the stock turbo.

I think doing the below will be best.

For late FG euro 4 I think needs a minor exhaust change to flow a little better, there's a restrictor between cat/dump.

I would do the supporting stage 1 process west cooler / piping kit (the piping can get extremely annoying and burst from my own experience once running higher than stock boost)

PW Surge tank kit with 460 pump like toads recommended, get the fitting kit so you get the regulator and the pipe replacements where required. (some people have had issues with 460 and fuel pressure, hence why recommended getting fitting kit)

Obviously ID1000 injectors, Xcal3 and Tune. Hopefully the effects with smoother down in the lower rev range might help to spool a little faster which would be nicer but in that sense maybe also would be worth getting a zf tune.

I have read the only problem is getting boost into the little turbos, hence why most try run max boost which is quite high as it tapers off in top end. However running e85 I suppose you can compensate where it loses top end by adding some timing. Some even porting the rear housing and adding actuator??????

There was a Nizpro car that ran 11.00 which had standard turbo on e85. had nizpro exhaust, cooler, injectors, surge, tune & zf tune and made about 360rwkw

people on pump were getting ~ 320-330. so ~340-360 if correct boost could be met would be achievable. those little turbos are the most fun, so IMO for a nice run around street car that wont be a pig to daily drive would be perfect mods I think. IMO doing it all again I don't think I would do more than this level of power... won't stress the rest of drive-line and other components as much.

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 1d
the piping can get extremely annoying and burst from my own experience

eRvbAGN.jpg

dUSPvIN.jpg

PS Dan did I spot you crossing Great Eastern Highway at 5:20pm last week? White FG F6 with black rims.

Edited by -SteveR-