WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread

cunners

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m

Just spotted this............ http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/woodvale/cars-vans-utes/2008-ford-fpv-sedan-bf-mk-ii-sports-automatic/1027062357

Either a scam, dodgy history or BARGAIN of the century!

2008 F6 Typhoon, 55000kms, $17500ono.

Tell him he's dreaaaaaaamin

Yeah gotta be a prank hahaha. Did he copy and paste features list from Redbook or something...

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 19y 2d

That's all pretty normal mate.

The rust on the marks on the panel overlaps was a common issue on the early BA's. I was a warranty fix at the time.

My BA1 was far worse than that.

The fuel line is actually and Air Conditioning Pipe, They are made from Ally and can be marked/bent/dent very easily when working on the car.

Im not panel beater (Calling Mike....) but it doesn't look like its been bent to me.

I think the main issue is that you're over the car mate.

• skids
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 8m 28d

haha yeah, abit of that too :P

I've made a few calls and been referred to take it to someone who will have a look at the chassis of the car.

what about the photo "RHS_FRONT", a friend looked at that and reckoned at least that's been crushed?

It's like more than one person has worked on each side of the car. But without any knowledge to do any comparison, I should wait until someone takes a look at it today.

That "fuel line" thingy is something I wouldnt mind someone looking at, as it seems to go to some sort of regulator on one side and to some rubber hoses towards the motor on the other side.

Edited by johnxr6t

• skids
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 8m 28d

It's the region in here, circled in red.

I'm no photographer sorry :P.

That fuel line thing, I'm talking about the thing that is cable tied down below.

It had air con regas in 2010 is the only thing ford had on a computer system that could suggest a prang has caused the pipe or something to rupture (but then again I've had other cars regassed from simply just leaking). In this region in front of the air box is where I found the dodgy earth, I swear the car started that slight bit quicker after that but I don't wanna convince myself it did.

It's an 04 MK2 BA, I wouldn't consider it an early BA. It has boot rust on the drivers side (that looks extensive, even can be seen from the outside panel gap between bumper and panel), the other side is all perfect with not a spot of rust.

post-54947-0-59267300-1378341783_thumb.j

Edited by johnxr6t