WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread

cunners

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 19y 1d

I used to dabble in the black art of diff bush replacement quite frequently,I don't have the free time anymore since Ralph Jnr arrived. If you don't mind a touch more noise go for the superpro comp bushes. The really firm up the rear end. Also while its out change the lca and uca inners.they are the only bushes in the rear end that require the rear end to be dropped to be changed. Make sure you fit offset uca bushes if your car is/will ever be lowered.

• Member For: 11y 6m 29d

Crap I already bought comfort spec for the diff bush cos I read everywhere the other ones were too hard? I'd rather it just be tough but the internetz gave me the impression that the solid ones were only good for track cars. Ah well next time.

• Member For: 14y 6m 19d

Crap I already bought comfort spec for the diff bush cos I read everywhere the other ones were too hard? I'd rather it just be tough but the internetz gave me the impression that the solid ones were only good for track cars. Ah well next time.

don't listen to all the whingers off the interwebs mate, I have a comp bush in mine and I was surprised at how nice it was after all the talk ya hear about em

• Like 1

• Member For: 11y 6m 29d

Hey Ralph ica/uca - are they the other 2 diff bushes that you can buy in the kit? The ones that come in a metal sleeve thing? I just bought the centre one but will get the other two if its worth it. Is it ok to go comp in these and comfort in the diff bush? Or should I keep all 3 the same?

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 19y 1d

The diff has three mounting points. Two at the front and one at the rear. All three MUST be replaced. If the rear bush has failed it allows the fronts to flex too much and usually tears them. You'll then change the rear bush and the first time your car breaks traction you'll get terrible axle tramp cause by the diff flailing around on the torn front bushes and solid rear bush.

The front diff mounting bushes have a metal outer sleeve.

The Upper Control Arm (UCA) and Lower Control Arm (LCA) bushes can only be changed with the cradle out of the car. The way the rear end is designed you cannot remove the bolts to remove the U/LCA. Def do these while your in there.

Superpro make and offset UCA bush, this allows camber to be corrected if the car is lowered (or if the camber is all up to snuff like a lot of stock frauds)

Aaron,

I will have a set of BF front's and calipers, do you have a set of brakes your looking to pension off? The Brembo's will be coming off my BA and it will get pensioned off with stock brakes. If you have a set of BA or similar fronts and want to do a deal with the BF front's let me know