WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread

cunners

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m

Don't drive your falcon or it might lose the front suspension arms at a meet point

• Like 1

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 28d

I have bought a few cars from the east and driven them back, makes a great road trip.

Last one didnt go to well though.

IMG_1275.jpg

• Like 1

• Member For: 16y 3m 5d
used a company called Moving Cars Australia to organise transport. It’s costing me $1430 from Depot to my Door. Unfortunately I found out after the car left if will be travelling part way by rail. Avoid this if you can as you can wind up with Paint damage from “Rail Rust” insurance will cover this but it’s a hassle.

95% of vehicles that come over from east is only by rail, either open wagon (what you mention above issues) or by autotainer rail. The main players have the option of autotainer which is a safest and secure way to travel across ( I would rather autotainer then truck or ship)

Booking by autotainer can be requested but not always guaranteed. Moving cars for example for state yes they will get it transported by autotainer and charge you a levi... but when they onforward the work to the main players (Patricks/Prixcar (former toll) possibly Ceva) its all up to the main carrier to chose autotainer method.

No extra costs are actually involved in using autotainer, its actually cheaper for the company to use.

Next second hand purchase I will be looking nationally for the best deal. Most times you can fly on the weekend inspect car etc and use a transport company, fly home and still come out saving money then buying in WA from the beggining.

FYI: Depot to Depot is alot cheaper if you can organise to collect from the depot yourself. Home delivery or pickup adds anywhere from $50-$100 to the price at each end.

Edited by Zadz

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 19y 1d

^this guy turns up now with all the advice.......:tonguepoke:

Zadz it worked out cheaper for me to go depot to address than organise a depot to home moving permit and another home to rego appt permit (permits are only valid for 48hrs so didn't leave enough time to get it home and check it out and get it over the pits before the permit expired)

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m

Excuses excuses

Where are the burnouts

I mean pics... of diff bush

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 28d

I have bought a few cars from the east and driven them back, makes a great road trip.

Last one didnt go to well though.

IMG_1275.jpg

When this car hit my driveway, it had done more Ks on the back of the truck than was on the odometer.

• Like 1

• Member For: 15y 11m 26d

Thanks Luke and Zads for additional comments. More great info!

Zads your spot on too that I could get a cheap return flight plus inspection and transport for the car and still be better off than buying here. Plus just a lot more selection.

Will start looking into transport soon so I'm prepared.

Aaron... A mate of mine has driven two cars back from Melbourne. He loves the drive, I reckon half the reason he buys over there haha

Not sure I'd get back in one piece so transport is the go

Edited by MercuryXr6Turbo

• 570Nm @1800rpm
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 2d

Anyone here a spray painter or can they recommend anyone good? Mike you still around?

I need a boot lip spoiler and front bumper armor (ABS plastic) painted and just a bit concerned about paint matching and not wanting to get it done twice.

Cheers