WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread

cunners

• Thooperrrrrrr
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 2m 22d

Cheers, hopefully wont be for too long, and I'll probably be looking at the same thing as Luke when I can afford one again :)

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 19y 1d

Nice F6 Luke (sorry I think its Luke correct?)... love the BF's and great colour!

I take it you bought from the east coast... started looking at car options over there myself, was it easy enough to get the trucking / purchase etc etc arranged or did you go through a dealer?

If you arranged this end and you were happy with who you used both price and service could you pass on details mate?

Will keep this cruise in mind also...

Richard

Richard,

I managed to find a car that was about as far away from Perth as possible whilst remaining on mainland Australia! I had an easy time as the seller is an enthusiast who was willing to work with me to secure the deal (private sale)

He was more than happy to answer my questions and also provide the history and also photo's and videos of the car (I requested photos of several common issues and various other area's of interest.)

I also had a mechanical check carried out by RACQ which was quite thorough and answered a few questions. A PSSR is a must, I was geared up to buy a car locally before running the PSSR/Revs check through Veda and found the car had been an economic write off twice in the space of 18 months (once in Vic and once here in WA!)

I used a company called Moving Cars Australia to organise transport. It’s costing me $1430 from Depot to my Door. Unfortunately I found out after the car left if will be travelling part way by rail. Avoid this if you can as you can wind up with Paint damage from “Rail Rust” insurance will cover this but it’s a hassle.

I would suggest if possible that you find a car in SA as transport is quite a bit cheaper than Vic/Nsw/Qld.

I drafted a simple email along the lines of:

“Hi, I am interested in the car you have for sale, I have a budget of $xx,xxx subject to inspection. If you would be interested in this price please get back in touch with me, if not good luck with the sale.”

I probably enquired about 20 cars and 90% came back to me with either a thanks but no thanks, a counter offer or Yes I am interested. In the end I paid 4k less than the original asking price on the car I bought.

Keep in Mind in VIC/QLD/NSW the seller is able to retain the plates and RWC which is worth a bit of money when they hand it back in so most are willing to move.

Be realistic about your budget, and keep in mind it will likely cost you 2k more than asking price to get the car here and rego’d, having said that my F6 has cost me aprox 6k less than similar cars in was (of which there are bugger all!)

phew long post!

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m

About twice as long as it could be. Hahaha!

• Member For: 15y 11m 26d

Cheers Luke for the info and advice!

I'm keeping an eye on a few cars over east, which for one are better priced than here but also more selection to get what I'm chasing. I'm in no rush and still realistically months away but want to get the logistics like transport etc worked out so I know who to contact and rough costs at a drop of a hat.

I'll give Moving Cars a buzz and discuss pricing and truck only options. Thanks for the tip on avoiding rail!!!

I didn't realise they would get a rebate as such for a roadworthy and plates. So the car travels to Perth unregistered as such with no plates? Would then need to run over the pits in wa to get new plates?

$4k under original asking price is a good result... I'll make sure I start low, can always offer more... Can't go backwards!

Oh and will definitely get an inspection and revs check done... more than peace of mind!

Appreciate your comments Luke, if I think of anything else will drop u a line.

Hopefully I can get along to the cruise... talk shop some more :-)

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 19y 1d

Yeah the car travels unrego'd,still covered by insurance though.I choose to go depot to door so I would only need one movement permit for the trip from my place to the pits.

The car was actually 6k cheaper than local inc frieght which is aproaching 30% of the purchase price so well worth the wait,but the wait is killing me!

Also most car carriers have online quote facilities but they will move on price if you play one against the other.

• Thooperrrrrrr
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 2m 22d

The effort to remove it all again lol. And right after I got it all shiny looking and buffed.

Looking at getting a focus ambiente atm, but would probably prefer a Trend or higher model. 2011 Ambient powershift, 32,000kms for 14,800 advertised, prob get for about 13,800.

But yeah options still a plenty as I'm in absolutely no rush to sell.