WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread

cunners

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 19y 1d

Yeah that is the plan it will litterally sit inside the spare wheel. The battery is (the dimension listed include the thickness of the mounting bracket and the rubber insluation pads I will be using to protect the battery) 244L x 235w x 135h. (keep in mind the battery will be laying on it's side) The space within the rim is 235mm high minus the centre thickness/offset.

I'm planning to head up to northam on the 7th. Im hoping to have the F6 rego'd by then (its booked to go over the pits on the 2nd) NB: Neils parts are only open 0800 to 1200 Sat am

Can anybody out there tell me the offset on a BA XR8/XR6T 5 spoke 18" wheel?

GW Sytrans short list

Steve. 1

Aaron. 1(?)

GeGe 6. 1

Luke 2

My next trick will be working on a deal for steel pan conversion kits if enough people want them

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 28d

Sounds good, maybe if you have enough material to make me 2 as when Todds battery dies I will fit one for him.

We have a steel pan on our car, maybe your new car will have one as well.

Offset is +36. Some of the early BA wheels clear brembo. I think BA XR8 or FPV GT cant remember

I wouldnt mind getting my oil earlier, but still come for the cruise on the 7th. Can I get my oil this Saturday.

Edited by arronm

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members

I'll ask the guy about pickup this Sat and get back to you,

4mtrs of 40x3mm is enough for 4 mounts so I extra won't be an issue. As long as you’re not in a mad rush for them?

Also, re the BA Xr8 rim, they do clear brembo's. I have one as a spare, the offset question was so I could work out the clearance between the battery mount the centre of the wheel.

My maths puts the clearance at aprox 12mm (or heaps) and that doesn't account for an extra created by the side wall of the tire.

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members

I have a BA spare FPV +27 so it may be close. But that's ok I have plenty of other rims +36 to use as spares.

Could ditch the spare and just put battery, but I wouldnt feel comfortable with no spare. Although Todd did it for 5 years.

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members

I did it for quite a while as well, then got up one morning to a flat tire in the Garage and decided to stop pushing my luck!

I haven't accounted for the thickness of the straps in the measurements so you could add another 3mm of offset to your wheel in effect. I was intending to keep the whole assembly contained within the centre of the wheel to avoid any issues with the straps rubbing on the rim or trye but if need be a piece of rubber would sort that out.

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members

For more clearance a piece of rubber under the tyre would lift it as much as required.

I am in no hurry.

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members

I would like to get a drain plug welded into our metal trans sump, so the oil could be dumped more regular without removing the pan. Say ever 40K and filter at 80K.

And instead of flushing the box, the first time I am going to drop and replace the oil three times, and then twice after that. A drain plug would be great.

Edited by arronm

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m

Awwww, good luck with sale dude.

• Member For: 15y 11m 26d

Nice F6 Luke (sorry I think its Luke correct?)... love the BF's and great colour!

I take it you bought from the east coast... started looking at car options over there myself, was it easy enough to get the trucking / purchase etc etc arranged or did you go through a dealer?

If you arranged this end and you were happy with who you used both price and service could you pass on details mate?

Will keep this cruise in mind also...

Richard