WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread

cunners

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m

The car is 2011 FG mk1 G6E 45,000k's and not sure what type of sump set up the ZF will have (drain plug or not).

Just reading through my ZF gearbox PDF and it seems there IS a drain plug on them after all. Also can be seen in this pic of a plastic one from fleabay. I suspect there would still be a bit of oil on the thing though after you drop it off the auto. PS the metal ones don't have the fins if you are poking your head under to check which type of sump you have. Search ebay for "6hp26" and see the pics of the kits.

post-13624-0-98587400-1376791647_thumb.j

post-13624-0-34354300-1376791858_thumb.j

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 28d

Luke, didnt you fit an optima yellow D51. Ive got another dead battery. Time for a change . Any hints on fitting it.

• Will do skids for food
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 10m 20d

fixed

when are you takin the bike out??? might come check it out

Hahaha f*ck ya !

Hopefully it'll be on the dyno this weekend coming to see if the work I put into sealing boost leaks worked and because I'm changing fuels.

I might try and get it past scrutineering on a Wednesday night to get some laps in before the season starts but they've told me before I need an exhaust instead just a dump pipe, I might be lucky though.

Next opportunity besides that isn't till October.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 2m 17d

Just been to Supercheap for a poke around and made an enquire about Gulf Western syntrans.

Was given a price of $232.00 for 20L.

Product code 32058 syntrans G.W.

Would like to do a little bit of research and check with G.W. that its the right gear.

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 19y 1d

Luke, didnt you fit an optima yellow D51. Ive got another dead battery. Time for a change . Any hints on fitting it.

Dont!

Fairly massive task to mod the tray and get the battery to sit in place. And its a PITA as it restricts the area occupied by the coldsie piping.

When the new car arrives I will be setting it up with the battery (still the D51r) in the boot in the centre of the spare wheel. The plan is to have an anderson plug mounted externally (ie tucked up under the car on the spare wheel tub) for jumpstarting/charging. and an Aux power pickup in the engine bay as a power pick up for items such as widebands, amps gauges etc.

A couple of pics of th D51. Its mounted on a tray I built (loosely inspired by the nizzer tray) They are a great battery but the shape/size isn't best suite to an Engine bay install on a nizzer kitted car.

post-7403-0-41724200-1376877079_thumb.jp

post-7403-0-22038000-1376877092_thumb.jp

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members

Re the syntrans, I have been in contact with the guys from Neils parts in Northam, Im working on a price with them for mulitple 20lts units. Price currently sits significantly cheaper than the price listed above by GeGe6 (aprox $100 cheaper per unit) Im keen to take a run up to Northam once the F6 arrives to pick some up so will check back in with the final pricing before I do in case anybody else wants some

• Will do skids for food
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 10m 20d

With my trans being only 35k old, I had planned to just buy a litre of genuine oil and top it up after the PWR cooler change.

Is it difficult to ensure the right level ?

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members

Ze Germans specify a pretty rigid predure to ge the level correct (no suprises there!) you'll need some way to determine trans fluid temp (ie torque/forscan/x-cal and Livelink and the usual bit and pieces required to change fluid

procedure attached:

ZF Fluid Check.pdf