WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread

cunners

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 9m 30d

Laws of supply and demand maybe...word got out and suddenly he's selling to passenger car drivers instead of farmers hahaha.

I can say I have 5 acres I need to plow and give me a bulk buy discount??

• Donating Members

No servicing is recommended from factory...sealed for life or 150,000km. Warranty is gone in 2/3rds that distance so they really don't care!

They ship with ZF Lifeguard fluid which is notoriously expensive.

Beaten by Arron!

Hypnodoc gave some good info in this thread:

http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/topic/76845-zf-serviced/

No worries SteveR. Mine stopped the hunting as soon as the Life Guard was put back in. If you want to go to the real stuff Precise or Precision Automatics in Osborne Park are the best for price and service, no new sump included as it was

already steel. $530 for full flush and filter usuing Life Guard and fit new heat exchanger (I supplied the heat exchanger) others wanted as much as $850 to just do a dump and half fill.

I'm still interested in the Gulf Western Syntrans if we can find a good deal on it. Also filter and gasket kits. Failing that I'll have a look into this Precision Automatics mob.

Edited by -SteveR-

• Member For: 12y 3m 28d

I'd Prefer to use something that's been tried and tested by thousands of hours of testing from the factory, especially when auto trans repairs can be very costly.

A while ago the Lexus cars had a gearbox that was very picky on the fluid it uses, and would never seem to run right on any aftermarket stuff even that was recommended to replace the original which was very expensive at dealerships, gearbox hunting, just not shifting as well, working fine then playing up a month later.

So I Imported a Pallet of it and and sold it to people. Perhaps if people like I can do the same for the Genuine ZF Stuff if there is enough interest.

Edited by Z2TT

• Donating Members

Well there's no shortage of ZF 6HP26 equipped cars running around that's for sure.

• Hench, but no longer shredded or tanned.
  • Member For: 17y 5m 27d

100% in on the genuine fluid. How often is it recommended to replace the oil? I use to have the problem in my BF when using Transmax where in cruise control the revs would dance about 200rpm.. man it would give me the sh*ts.. I thought it was just my car.

Would love to see another mantainence day organized at that hoist/garage place :)

Edited by AaronXR

• Donating Members

Exactly what we were discussing at the last cruise to fit these PWR kits. Re reading the zf fluid change threads inspires confidence as there are a few comments along the lines of it's not that hard. I'm a little paranoid about getting the fluid level correct at such and such temperature like the official procedure states but others have not bothered from what I read and are fine.

• Like 1

• Member For: 14y 6m 18d

Went to SCM Race Engines this morning to buy some Roo16 for the bike and f*ck me, they have some serious cars in there.

I was blown away last time I went there but this time, amongst others, they had a 70's supercharged big block chev statesman and a 750 hp black XY ute getting ready for powercruise.

Plus their 1600hp turbo 4L V8 Lexus drag car.

They also showed me their single roller chassis dyno designed for 200mph and 2000hp so race cars can be run using their race slicks.

The only one in the state apparently.

Absolutely top blokes too.

No pics because didn't have phone with me. :gaypost:

Sorry, will do better next time.

But.....wow.

fixed

when are you takin the bike out??? might come check it out