WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread

cunners

• skids
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 8m 26d

Just got back from XFT who did my turbo exhaust bolts, damn shes running like a beauty now!

They were unable to get the bolt undone on my fuel filter!!!!

Great guys and service and I'd defiantly go back but what the hell am I meant to do now my fuel filters so blocked with crap it's not even funny.

It was suggested I replace the bit of fuel line after the filter. The bolt at the back could be undone but not at the front.

Should I go to another mechanic for this?!?!?!

Edited by johnxr6t

• 570Nm @1800rpm
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 2d

Mate if XFT could not get it off without damaging the fuel lines, I think it is pretty safe to say that other places will not be able to get them off either without braking something int he process.

Your best bet would be to get some new fuel lines from Ford (take heaps of lube) or see if you can get some from a wrecker.

I would also suggest that you replace the in-tank filter or event better replace the pump and filter at the same time as doing the external filter, especially if your BA has done done a few kms.

• skids
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 8m 26d

Yeah, I'm not angry at all, the car will be going back to XFT to have this done.

I was suggested by someone to go to ford and get them to do a fuel filter for ($150 they quoted) cause if they break the line they should be replacing it for me...but they might say the same thing.

It's just my 1 litre pump pack of lube has run dry from all the visits to crappy mechanics and ford parts department :(

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 28d

Just got back from XFT who did my turbo exhaust bolts, damn shes running like a beauty now!

They were unable to get the bolt undone on my fuel filter!!!!

Great guys and service and I'd defiantly go back but what the hell am I meant to do now my fuel filters so blocked with crap it's not even funny.

It was suggested I replace the bit of fuel line after the filter. The bolt at the back could be undone but not at the front.

Should I go to another mechanic for this?!?!?!

Bring it to the maintenance day on sunday I have good methods to get these off.

• Like 1

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 9m 30d

Not a bad idea!

I remember when dad and I first did mine he had to really wrench it, and he was a pretty stocky bloke used to working on engines regularly. Ever since I've been able to DIY it no problems, have changed mine 4 or 5 times now. Just seem to be FT from factory!

• Get It To Wheelspin Uncontrolably Then Give It Another 5 Pounds
  • Cruise Control
  • Member For: 13y 11m 3d

Good to see you back about Murdok. Be good to see you on a cruise soon. have you passed your 301rwkw? (I think that was the number).

seems im the only one not modding my car atm. decided to buy a bike in-stead. is why I originally bought a ute... just taken me 3 years to buy one.

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 9m 30d

When do bike mods start then? :)