WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread

cunners

• 570Nm @1800rpm
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 1d

Yea cruise would be good Steve, will have to make an effort for the next one. Ahh yes it was east your car was facing.

Hey guys if I were to take my turbo off and get the rear housing ported/bigger flapper and actuator where would be the best place to take it? Just looking at saving a little coin.

Cheers

Give Grant at PER4MANZ turbochargers a call. He rebuilt my BA turbo and ported housing with bigger flapper. I too removed the turbo and dropped it off.

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 5m 2d

If you can wait a week mate, I should be able to get you a flapper cheap and a waste gate as well if needed.

I am hoping to do my flapper mod myself this week end if I am not working. And if I am I will post some pic on this site.

• 570Nm @1800rpm
  • Donating Members

Is an actuator and flapper mod required for the standard GT3576r? I am guessing with a 12psi actuator the tuner will be able to hold 15psi flat all the way through the rev range?

I have seen some holding 15-16psi in the mid and then they drop off up to, while others only manage 12-13psi in the mid.

Aaron are you going to run the baby turbo or going bigger?

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 19y

Aaron, who are you going to use to tune your car? I would strongly suggest you talk to them first about flapper/port jobs and different tuners have different preferences in regards to porting a couple of hundred here could say you several hundred come tuning time.

• Hench, but no longer shredded or tanned.
  • Member For: 17y 5m 26d

Im going with Monstatorque. Ill ask Rob amd see what he says about it.

Baby turbo for round 1. 320-330? Aiming for hopefully. Then ill do the gtx/surge tank and valve springs probably next year as most of my funds are going into the house as I only moved in last month and want to get it finished asap.

• 570Nm @1800rpm
  • Donating Members

Im going with Monstatorque. Ill ask Rob amd see what he says about it.

Baby turbo for round 1. 320-330? Aiming for hopefully. Then ill do the gtx/surge tank and valve springs probably next year as most of my funds are going into the house as I only moved in last month and want to get it finished asap.

What are you getting done as part of round 1?

Id1000s

Rapid v2 cooler kit/intake

Bosch pump

4 Inch xforce turbo back

Ported turbo/flapper mod

custom tune

Edited by AaronXR

• 570Nm @1800rpm
  • Donating Members

Ahh so going to whole hog, might as well chuck a GTX on there at the same time and be done with it :spoton:

I recall seeing a thread here not long ago about the Rapid kit and how much cutting and butchering is involved to get it to fit etc and FG, might be something to consider unless you already have the kit.

• Like 1

Noise and future mods. Rob said he would fit it for a small fee as I wasnt aware untill I purchased it.

Would love to but Im stretching my budget as it is.. I can only get away with so much.. lol. Next year ill finish it off :)