WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread

cunners

• Will do skids for food
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 10m 19d

Yeah it makes short work of second gear now.

I think that line graph should show ft.lbs rather than N.M. too but I'm not sure.

I'm calling back in this arvo to sort out a little buzzing in the exhaust that I'm getting and remove the O2 sensors as theyre hitting something in some conditions.

I might also see if they can soften up the gear shifts when cruising too, they're a little harsh for my super cool, laid back driving style.

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 9m 30d

Let us all know on the gear changes as I'd like to have mine done eventually and Simon said he has a nice street tune now that shifts firm but not too firm. I took a ride in Grug's Phoon when he'd just gotten his done in the early days and it spun 2-3 at barely any throttle hahaha. Not good for my daily.

• Will do skids for food

No dice Luke, but I'm considering hanging a photo of my testicles off my mirror instead.

Went and saw Simon yesterday after work, the exhaust bangs against a trans mount bolt on the odd right hand corner, they fiddled with it and thought theyd made it better but on driving home, it became evident that it still needs to be sorted.

As for trans tune, it's a bit harsh when the box is cold but liveable when hot.

steve, you use your car for work so I'm not sure I'd do it if I was spending all day in the car.

Simon can soften it off but then it also softens off the full noise gear changes which defeats the purpose.

We'll organise a drive so you can see for yourself.

I'm going to live with it for the moment and decide in a while if I will keep it as is.

Apparently the four speed trannies could have a different map for manual mode but the sixes do not.

I'm hoping I can learn the drive around it

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 9m 30d

Yeah I'd love to sample one of the newer tunes Phil.

I've read conflicting reports from people over east about ZF tunes having 2 levels but I'd be inclined to think there is only one tune per say...maybe in performance mode it adds a little bit of pressure or something but probably negligible anyway compared to a tuned box. Yeah not keen on slamming changes day in day out though it should prolong the life of the box...but I'm in need of a rebuild anyway so probably not much point, I imagine a retune would be needed after messing with the internals.

• Will do skids for food

I'm getting used to it now Steve, it's not too bad.

Give me a week or two driving it daily and I'll have a better opinion.

• Member For: 11y 9m 29d

FFS... you can't abbreviate "where are"
EDIT: oh its too good. "are" abbreviated, and repeated...

any way. stoopid ford of mine has another problem. keeps triggering abs and tc fault, get them on the dash display, along with their lights and a "!" in a triangle.

just discovered when driving it at night and noticing things didn't light up like normal, that I have no brake lights.

of course, now it is my problem to get it to ford, and leave it with them for X amount of hours because the pricks wont say "it'll take this long" or "come by at X O'clock and we will be able to start on it then" leaving me with the choice to wait for what is probably a 5 minute fix.

I'll be amazed if I buy another ford...

Edited by #96