WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread

cunners

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 9m 29d

Pack N send used twice - once was cheap here to Perth for a printer box with PC and crap in it. Second time was getting my cold side pipe from somewhere over East, was farking more than the PC - $250.

• Member For: 11y 9m 28d

hmmmm.

going for a launch today, and had it 'stalled' on the handbrake with a small amount of clutch preload, waiting for the light at about 2000rpm.

still waiting.

and waiting. (lights I use regularly, so was a little surprised at how long the change took to go green)

before I left I got the beeps, and a 'comms sys error(fail?)' message on the dash.

obviously, I dropped the idea of a launch, and reverted back to regular driving. at around 2500-3000rpm, with low throttle, the engine cut, not like a hard limiter, but more like the ignition retarding as I believe is how the traction control works?

repeated this in 2nd, and 3rd, before the message vanished, and it returned to running fine.

so, do these things have a limp mode, cutting rpm?

aaaaaaand, lastly, I'm guessing the small clutch slip, coupled with the handbrake being held, whilst stationary simply confused the car, and I've got nothing to worry about... right?

• Donating Members

Seems odd that it freaked out from that, I'm surprised, obviously more sensitive than I expected.

I'd forget about it unless it does it again...and just not stall it up for so long :) Not sure how limp mode works, haven't had it happen and don't own an FG!

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 22d

GKR transport for things east-west. I sent my Ducati motor to VIC from WA and it only dented me about 250 return.

If you're sending things up the west coast to darwin and all in between, use Jolly and Sons Transport out of welshpool. 9458 4455 ask for Brad mention Steve with the FEARED ute. He can appreciate a car enthusiast and will chew the fat a bit with you. He can also organise east west movements.

just my .02c

• Member For: 17y 3m 8d

Anyone heard of cracking a set of RDA slotted and dimpled rotors?

They were with EBC red brake pads.

Shop reckons its all to do with driving style even though from day one we said there might be an issue with brakes sticking on (causes rotors to become too hot I think?).

I'm not arguing though, there is a tonne of rubber underneath my car so it's obvious of how it's been driven and im not acting all shocked about things going wrong with a car that has the crap thrashed out of it.

Rear brakes are stock and are fine.

I cancelled XFT over all of this coming up! I might have to try and drop it off to them before I fly out to work.

I have been running RDA Slotted and dimpled rotors since 2006.

Done more laps of Wanneroo than I can count and never had a problem with them.

Drilled rotors are the ones to worry about as they stress and crack around the drill holes.

My original Brembo rotors lasted 9 laps of Wanneroo before cracking up.

And Hi everyone,

Been a while since I was here. Still got the ute and the BFII XR6T :)

• Donating Members

What's up John!

Still enjoying your engineered blue beast then? Good to hear!

edit - don't think I even saw your turbo back in the day, didn't know you had one.

Edited by -SteveR-

• Get It To Wheelspin Uncontrolably Then Give It Another 5 Pounds
  • Cruise Control
  • Member For: 13y 11m 2d

My 4 new tyres rocked up 2day, including Nitto Invos for the front. Fitting them Friday for the nullabour trip. Slightly excited

4y4u3e7y.jpg

Edited by Krazy Kyle

• Donating Members

Another Taleb Tyres Invo customer, get over here and get cruising :)