WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread

cunners

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 9m 29d

I also use Ralph's shed for suspension work, my involvement is mainly supervising technician...OR sometimes technical supervisor depending on mood. I can also run interference against his dog so it doesn't make him drop my control arms.

• Like 1

• Member For: 12y 9m 26d

post-48879-13666318834_thumb.jpg

Here's my afternoon spent well today! All my windows had hard water stains on them since I bought my car and just could never get them off, decided to finally do something about it and here's a comparison, as you can see the two windows on the left are after the treatment and the one on the right is what all my windows were like!!! Insanely good results from an hours job... Product is called SPOT X

Get into it people

• Like 2

• To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 9m 23d

Josh, do you normally dry your car after washing it? If so what do you use.

I am sick of these cheap chemoirs and want to find a decent one that will last a while.

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 9m 29d

Microfibre all the way! I have a 1m square yellow one for drying, used to use a synthetic chamois but no longer. Just don't drop it on a dirty surface, microfibre is like a magnet for twigs/grass seeds.

Oh and do your best to sheet the water off when you rinse so there's less remaining to actually dry. Let hose run freely and draw all water with it as it runs off. Works better if the wax is still working though.

Edited by -SteveR-

• Get It To Wheelspin Uncontrolably Then Give It Another 5 Pounds
  • Cruise Control
  • Member For: 13y 11m 1d

I always use spot free rinse (no, can't wash my car at home) and chamois it. Doesn't leave spots. And of all ppl I know, black is the worst colour for it

• Member For: 12y 9m 26d

I always dry my car after washing it, synthetic chamois is a complete waste of time mate. Spend the $25ish dollars on a leather chamois they are the ducks nuts.

Spot free rinses do work as well if your washing at a drive thru place. I don't actually think these water marks are from not drying.. I think it could be from rain that had extra minerals in it and not getting dried straight away caused it to leave the minerals to dry up and basically glue themselves to the window... Might sound stupid but I read this from a few places on the net.

• Will do skids for food
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 10m 18d

I use spot free rinse at the car wash, then drive home and run over it with the chamois there.

Basically because I'm lazy.

• Will do skids for food
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 10m 18d

Just FYI,

XFT told me to contact Final Drive Engineering in O'Connor to sort out my bent axle.

Final Drive only straighten axles, they don't have any uprated versions for sale as he mainly just does 9" diffs.

But for an extremely reasonable price, they will remove, straighten and refit my axle.

So it's booked in for Monday.

Very friendly bloke there too.

If anyone has any leads on stronger axles, I'd be interested in hearing about them.

• 570Nm @1800rpm
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 1d

I had the same issue with my BA Ute. Both rear axles were bent and I had final drive straighten them and machine the hub face.

I also replaced the bearings at the same time.