WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread

cunners

• Get It To Wheelspin Uncontrolably Then Give It Another 5 Pounds
  • Cruise Control
  • Member For: 13y 11m 1d

^^ lol..... I laugh at it, although steve still has the upper hand in a few ways. 1. power.... and 2. just bought (well, in the process) a new set of tyres.... $1000..... and that's an extreamly good price compared to going down to 'ol bob jane... would be over 2k if I went there. 20" suck sometimes.

but in other news, bought the new tyres to do the Nullarbor again, possibly in a months time or so. house should be done soon. which means by the end of may/start of june I will set up a good cruze. make up for the one I planned but didn't go on back in december

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 9m 29d

Mine's bright grey so pretty good :P

Not a nice thing to see Phil! If you are replacing out of pocket are there options for aftermarket ones that are better?

• Member For: 11y 9m 28d

gave the new tires a bit of a beating today...
high speed is definitely different.

done a 'spirited' river and burbs run the other night and loved it, but today on Flynn and old Yanchep, the rear does feel like it wanders a bit.

might try a bit more pressure, but its at 40psi now.

like I said, low speed is great. squeeze the throttle, and it points the nose around the corner without spinning up, or sliding. it really has helped eliminate understeer. but high speed corners do feel a bit loose.

anything I should check in the suspension? (ie nothing else that would have that loose, almost low pressure feeling in the rear)

• Member For: 16y 3m 3d

Speaking of suspension....any recommendations for suspension work in perth. Reliable good work. With price to suit. Gonna get a few things sorted soon. Possible NOR.

• Will do skids for food
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 10m 18d

It's a good point Steve and I plan to seek advice as to whether there's a better alternative.

Ultimately I'm thinking of a true trac centre because ford are obviously not capable of procuring diffs that dont whine and hum so I will make sure the axles are interchangable first.

I don't want to be scared to take the car to the track next time in case it does it again.

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 9m 29d

That's it, don't want to be scared to use the power, I know that feeling (no surge tank).

Yeah Zadz I use WA Suspensions (Osborne Park...NOR :P)for alignments and they also fitted my diff bush (under warranty from Fulcrum), great work and close to my office too, even let me zap my lunch in their office kitchen while I wait hahaha. Some top cars in there every time I've been. Another mob I've heard good things about is Wilkinson suspension but never got the chance to use them - went in for alignment and they found stuffed wheel bearing, didn't charge me anything and sent me on my way.

Edited by -SteveR-