WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread

cunners

• Member For: 11y 9m 28d

So, this rain, does not agree with my new tires :(

Got nankang 265 rears (found a near new set cheap!) And am impressed with dry grip, but wet is atrocious.

4th gear roll ons spin up on stock power. Will slide with neutral throttle. And today I couldn't reach 80 km between mullaloo drive and craigie drive on marmion (about 200m)

Gotta be careful on these!

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 11m 30d

I was asking Colin a guy that's been working there for years about sway bars and said I wouldn't need them... Yet I was keen to find out more about them and possibly get a set... Have u got sway bars mate? If so What sizes? Does it just eliminate body roll?

A bigger front sway bar is the single most cost effective mod you can do to a b series IMHO

So, this rain, does not agree with my new tires :(

Got nankang 265 rears (found a near new set cheap!) And am impressed with dry grip, but wet is atrocious.

4th gear roll ons spin up on stock power. Will slide with neutral throttle. And today I couldn't reach 80 km between mullaloo drive and craigie drive on marmion (about 200m)

Gotta be careful on these!

I running 275/30/19 invo's on the back of my car. They will let go in third with 3XXrwkw but they do need a bit of coaxing. Im also running 255/30/19 invo's on the front now as well. Very very happy with them but they need at least 40 to 42psi to perform properly .

• To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 9m 23d

I am due for new tires soon to replace the Dunlop sport MAxx that come with the car.

Currently have 245/35R19 on there and I was wondering do I stick with 245/35/R19? or can go with a wider tire, if there is such a thing.

• Like 1

• To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 9m 23d

Ralph, I would appreciate it if you put some piks up for me.

Could you advise where you got your Invo's from and for how much?

If you don't mind can you please can send me a pm with that info, if you don't want to make it public?

Thanks

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 9m 29d

I've ordered Invos from Taleb Tyres one of the advertisers here, PM him and see what stock levels are like. Prices not bad including delivery. Not sure if Ralph has a secret agent source?

You might also like to check out the black wheel nuts thread by Taleb Tyres...lol.

Josh the shocks\springs were about 1200 delivered I think for the whole lot! Pics of fitting them in my build thread if you are keen.

Edited by -SteveR-

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 11m 30d

Out of the last 4 pairs of tyres I have purchased 3 pairs have been less than 3 month old on arrival and 1 set was 3yrs old........

Guess which ones where purchased from Ali @ Taleb Tyres and guess which ones I bought locally...?

HINT: the tyres I got from Ali where NOT the 3yr old expired crap (they came from my local tyre shop)

TL:DR...............?

I get my tyres from Ali @ Taleb Tyres, he's very good to deal with and his prices are very sharp.

I'd rather not share pricing as I've bought quite a bit from him and I like to think he looks after me on price and my ego will be bruised if this is not the case :tomato::roflmbo:

I'l get some pics of the 255 on the 8.5 and the 275 on the 9.5 later today.

• Like 1

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 9m 29d

Yeah something that I've never looked at when buying tyres is the age stamp on them, would make a massive difference and may explain some of the out of atypical reviews people give new tyres that are said to be awesome...not knowing they have hardened old rubber on the rims!

They are like 200 ish bucks delivered for 235/45/17 but that was last time I ordered a pair which was ages ago now. They were FANTASTIC at cornering even when low on shoulder tread. Better than my usual KU31's either new or old.