WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread

cunners

• Donkey Dick
  • Member For: 14y 6m 2d

Beauty of mph is that it's very hard to muck up, unless you get off the throttle before the finish line or aren't holding the throttle down 100%. Pretty hard to do either consistently, so if your trap speeds are within a few mph each run this isn't happening.

Just drop the exhaust before the cat & drive around like that. Will still sound better than half the falcodore sh*tboxes on the road!! :roflmbo:

• Like 1

• Donkey Dick
  • Member For: 14y 6m 2d

Not really, it needs to be sorted asap. If that cat keeps getting worse (which it will), it will get to a point where the cat/dump/rear housing will get so hot they will superheat the air going through the compressor housing so much that the cooler wont 'cool' it enough, resulting in detonation once it reaches the combustion chamber. Same thing happens when you try running a small/restrictive exhaust on a motor you're smashing lots of boost into. Will also lead to overboost issues if this happens as your internal gate wont be able to open due to excessive backpressure.

Failed cats are extremely dangerous, especially when driving it in a manner that warrants new tyres every 4 weeks :tonguepoke:

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 5m 29d

Not really, it needs to be sorted asap. If that cat keeps getting worse (which it will), it will get to a point where the cat/dump/rear housing will get so hot they will superheat the air going through the compressor housing so much that the cooler wont 'cool' it enough, resulting in detonation once it reaches the combustion chamber. Same thing happens when you try running a small/restrictive exhaust on a motor you're smashing lots of boost into. Will also lead to overboost issues if this happens as your internal gate wont be able to open due to excessive backpressure.

Failed cats are extremely dangerous, especially when driving it in a manner that warrants new tyres every 4 weeks :tonguepoke:

Was meaning getting the tyres sorted for September, the Cat is on the list of priorities

• Like 1

• Get It To Wheelspin Uncontrolably Then Give It Another 5 Pounds
  • Cruise Control
  • Member For: 13y 11m

also, drove my sisters FG XR6T ute. got a compleatly different feel to it. seems to have more power sooner, and its more consistant. where as mine has that moment of lag then suddenly kicks in. has any1 here got the FG F6 turbo with just exhaust/intake mods? Josh, did u upgrade your turbo or is it still stock?

• Thooperrrrrrr
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 2m 19d

I have a favour to ask.

Someone with good mechanical knowledge able to come and look at my Subaru? Need to get a rough idea what I'll need to fix it up.

I need to get a battery for it as they took that, needs new ignition barrel, new air intake, ICC panels need replacing etc but that's not an issue. Looking in the engine, there's oil/grease all around the CV's so I'm not sure what the go is there.

I'd like to, if possible, get it back and working, then try sell it to make up some of my recent losses. There's beer/bourbs in it for anyone willing/able to help :)

Can make a day of it if ya's like haha.