WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread

cunners

• Thooperrrrrrr
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 2m 19d

I hadn't decided on anything so I'm not being impulsive, I was asking on opinions.. those are 2 that have just come up so was asking what they are like.

Doing homework based off what you said about "not people you have never/hardly met". How does one do homework on a car if any opinion I get is from someone I don't know. People who write reviews, car salesman, Jack who moved in next door? I'm on a car forum, people on car forums have opinions and experience that can prove vital in knowing what to/not to look out for in specific cars. You have now given your opinion which I'll note on those models, so will look at different ones.

My family isn't getting any bigger. Will just be me, partner and child. A massive car is not needed, one that can fit pram, baby seat and decent load of shopping is all that's required.

I've been in a few VE commo's, the A-pillar is in the way, too obstructive although there was one within price range but I don't think I'd enjoy not being able to see. The falcon wagons are just fugly, would suite me fine but I can't stand the look of them. Could be something I could get use to but don't see that being any time soon.

So now I'm open to other suggestions of medium-large family sedan/hatch/wagons.

As mentioned in my other post, finance is an issue so trying to make the most from the budget I have is essential. That may be needing to settle with a falcon wagon, but I'm going to keep searching around first.

I've also heard/read almost nothing bad when comparing the Aurion to the Falcon and Commodore... in most cases the Aurion has come out on top. Saying the Aurion has no grunt/performance then suggesting a Falcon or Commo seems a bit odd?

Edited by Ciaran

• Donkey Dick
  • Member For: 14y 6m 2d

I hadn't decided on anything so I'm not being impulsive, I was asking on opinions.. those are 2 that have just come up so was asking what they are like.

Doing homework based off what you said about "not people you have never/hardly met". How does one do homework on a car if any opinion I get is from someone I don't know. People who write reviews, car salesman, Jack who moved in next door? I'm on a car forum, people on car forums have opinions and experience that can prove vital in knowing what to/not to look out for in specific cars. You have now given your opinion which I'll note on those models, so will look at different ones.

My family isn't getting any bigger. Will just be me, partner and child. A massive car is not needed, one that can fit pram, baby seat and decent load of shopping is all that's required.

I've been in a few VE commo's, the A-pillar is in the way, too obstructive although there was one within price range but I don't think I'd enjoy not being able to see. The falcon wagons are just fugly, would suite me fine but I can't stand the look of them. Could be something I could get use to but don't see that being any time soon.

So now I'm open to other suggestions of medium-large family sedan/hatch/wagons.

As mentioned in my other post, finance is an issue so trying to make the most from the budget I have is essential. That may be needing to settle with a falcon wagon, but I'm going to keep searching around first.

I've also heard/read almost nothing bad when comparing the Aurion to the Falcon and Commodore... in most cases the Aurion has come out on top. Saying the Aurion has no grunt/performance then suggesting a Falcon or Commo seems a bit odd?

Driven a base model commodore/falcon then jumped into an aurion? Please do if you haven't & report back.

What's wrong with the current car if you only need it for 2 adults & 1 child?

• Thooperrrrrrr
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 2m 19d

Boot space is too small, pram barely fits and when it does, it means I can't fit anything else in there. Door arches are also quite small so things that won't fit in the boot struggle to get through the arches onto the back seat (eg largish boxes and what not).

Haven't driven an Aurion at all yet so will give that a go. Had test driven an XR6 FG which was nice, pity they don't come in wagon and the Mondeo's are a bit too expensive I believe (will look into those as well).

• Donkey Dick
  • Member For: 14y 6m 2d

Diesel mondeo are sweet, although size isn't what you're after.

If you want something big I think a falcon or Late model camira is the best bet. Every car in the sub $20k range will have negatives, just depends what you can & will compromise on whilst still being happy enough to own it for a few years.

• HOON
  • Member For: 14y 6m 6d

It spools a tad later obvioulsy but when it is singing you certainly can feel the full boost, not a gradual build up like the last setup Tom. Plus having the plenum and new airbox makes the low down a lot more usable and can feel the extra torque.

I am thinking it could be a goer Ben, be interesting to see what I can run. You going down to have another crack?

had the same combo on my ute for a while was very happy with the overall performance of that turbo, will be at WAW again this week, hopefully see you down there

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 2m 13d

I'm not at all a fan of the 66mm wheel with the stock manifold and turbine housing. Mine is lazy...but because I got a small tial 38mm gate it actually has sorted my boost creep issue so I have kept it. I reckon the stock sized turbo is perfect for the street.

Youngy's ute ran 396kw at 19psi on the dyno and we have since tuned it to 21psi flat on the stock turbo on the street (just below where the MAP sensor pegs) and its at 21psi below 3000rpm in 3rd.....happy days!! Here is a log of boost and air intake temps using the xcal3 and livelink. It so sharp to flatline at 21psi thanks to the eBoost and pushing the gate pressure as high at possible.

post-6920-0-09835900-1337609426_thumb.jp

• Like 1