WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread

cunners

• Member For: 17y 8m 26d

Looks like there must of been a booze bus at the end of the freeway north last night set up going in both directions. Cars parked either side with some missing number plates. sh*t way to start the long weekend!

• Get It To Wheelspin Uncontrolably Then Give It Another 5 Pounds
  • Cruise Control
  • Member For: 13y 10m 29d

well just got back from Gero, first long trip ive done in my car. recorded fuel for those who have any interest -

perth - gero, used no aircon, left at 5:30am sitting on 110km/h (ish)

fuel used - 40.2L

Kms traveled - 396kms

Avg eco - 10.3L/100km

gero to perth - aircon used all trip, left at midday, same speed

fuel used - 40.6L

Kms traveled - 400.1kms

Avg eco - 10.1L/100km

thought the aircon would have more affect. and hotter air.

also Gero ppl cant drive. almost had my front end ripped off by a guy driving out infront of me in a round a bout twice.

the trip also lead me to my next project "project kill noise". gee's the utes have alot of road noise, ive even used dynamat on the entire back wall, inner and outer door skins and in the B pillar..... not sure if I should use double dynamat on each surface, maybe foam ruber or rip out the entire interior and do the floor and roof. gonna look into it though. got the new stereo installed last week, and had to crank it right up just to hear it. I know 20" with 35 & 30 profile wont be helping the situation but still.....

Steve - looks like gonz is spending alot of time at XFT.... last I saw his car was at the some place

Edited by Krazy Kyle

• You've changed man....
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 8m 23d

Steve - looks like gonz is spending alot of time at XFT.... last I saw his car was at the some place

that's Gonz 2 u

• 570Nm @1800rpm
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 11m 28d

the trip also lead me to my next project "project kill noise". gee's the utes have alot of road noise, ive even used dynamat on the entire back wall, inner and outer door skins and in the B pillar..... not sure if I should use double dynamat on each surface, maybe foam ruber or rip out the entire interior and do the floor and roof. gonna look into it though. got the new stereo installed last week, and had to crank it right up just to hear it. I know 20" with 35 & 30 profile wont be helping the situation but still.....

Kyle, when I had the BA I went through the same process. The thing drove me insane with all the road noise, more just a constant drone from the rear, like tyre noise.

I did the whole dynamat thing (went through 2 of them large boxes) and even installed some bitumen sound deadener on the floor and behind the rear seat. It helped a lot but it was still way too noisy for my likening.

Here are some pics...

p1060072h.jpg

p1060073k.jpg

p1060074l.jpg

p1060077c.jpg

p1060085.jpg

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 9m 26d

Weight of said dynamat?

• Member For: 12y 7m 8d

Hi All,

I bought my fg Xr6t 4 months ago with squeaking breaks just had it in for its first service and the say at (titan Ford) that the axel is bent a lill and that as the is kirb rash on the rims ( a mistake im still kicking myself for) its out of warranty any one else had problems with axel's???

oh and theres apparently a 1 month waiting list @ a cost of $700 im thinking there full of sh*t and there is a problem with the axels.

the ute is standard so I would of thought that there would be no problems with the power.

any help would be great..

ps she is

• white
  • 6 speed man
  • 2011 FG XR6T
  • got her @ 3500k's
  • great fun @ full noise

also has anyone successfully used the launch control yet mine sounds great till I drop the clutch?

• Get It To Wheelspin Uncontrolably Then Give It Another 5 Pounds
  • Cruise Control
  • Member For: 13y 10m 29d

Kyle, when I had the BA I went through the same process. The thing drove me insane with all the road noise, more just a constant drone from the rear, like tyre noise.

I did the whole dynamat thing (went through 2 of them large boxes) and even installed some bitumen sound deadener on the floor and behind the rear seat. It helped a lot but it was still way too noisy for my likening.

Here are some pics...

might ask u a few Q&A about removing the roof lining... and about what u did and how much it helped

Weight of said dynamat?

on a 1.7T car I dont think 10-20kg of sound deadning is gonna matter when im a whole 70kg.

And Sean, welcome to our .... "group". having quite an influx of new ppl atm.

Edited by Krazy Kyle