WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread

cunners

• Donkey Dick
  • Member For: 14y 6m

depends if your made of money though... gotta weigh up if u think they are 2x better for 2x the price.

Tyres are the only thing between you & the road. A few hundred clams is f*ckall imo when it's your life you are putting a price on...

The difference on those test videos is on a clean/flat/decent road surface. Try pushing your car hard through the hills on a set of KU31's, then a set of R1R's & see how your opinion differs afterward. Real world scenarios are greatly different to those test scenarios.

Had the gauges fitted up yesterday. And wouldn't you know it, the boost gauge is faulty. It reads 8 psi higher than it should.... Getting bored of sh*t not going to plan that's for sure!

/end of sooking.

It doesn't matter if it reads 100psi higher/lower. So long as you have a baseline (whatever Simon tuned it to) & can accurately work out the difference, you can always work out whether or not something is a miss. Boost guages are wank anyway... How often do you expect to look over & check boost pressure when you have your foot on the floor?

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 11m 27d

$1700 ea Plus friegh. Yeah Nah. $3400 + frieght buys alot of 2nd hand/non genuine shafts. Im going too raise the car slightly anyway which should help the CV's out.

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 23d

Tyres are the only thing between you & the road. A few hundred clams is f*ckall imo when it's your life you are putting a price on...

The difference on those test videos is on a clean/flat/decent road surface. Try pushing your car hard through the hills on a set of KU31's, then a set of R1R's & see how your opinion differs afterward. Real world scenarios are greatly different to those test scenarios.

But cheap slippery tyres give you more power.

Boost guages are wank anyway...

that's why I have 2.

Edited by arronm

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 23d

$1700 ea Plus friegh. Yeah Nah. $3400 + frieght buys alot of 2nd hand/non genuine shafts. Im going too raise the car slightly anyway which should help the CV's out.

There are other options, I think our Nizpro car only has the outers changed. I will check tonight. Dont be a tight arse and upgrade them. 3400 is a lot. Speak to Simon he has changed a few.

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 11m 27d

I will only be fitting standard cv's no desire,too upgrade. The current set have 124tho on them and have survived the last 20odd thousand km's with power mods. I have seen plenty of upgraded CV fail so not worth the huge outlay imho.

• Member For: 12y 9m 22d

Hey boys has anyone got an opinion or info on a tuner shop called monsta torque in Malaga?? My mate just got his ba mk2 xr6t on the weekend and wants to get stage one tune.

They quoted him

Custom tune with xcal3 $1500

60LB $550 fitted

In tank fuel pump fitted $450

Inc before and after dyno report etc..

Total $2500

I personally had my car tuned etc by Simon at XFT and I'm trying to convince him to go to Simon, but he wants to go here because he is basically getting the fuel pump + installation for the same price as Simons full stage one which doesn't include that.

So yeah, if anyone disagrees with him getting the work done there (like I do) then please say so, I need to convince him to go see Simon. Haha

Cheers