WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread

cunners

• To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 9m 20d

Thanks for letting me know SteveR. I am not as worried now. I was worried that I was gonna be spending like 300+ per tire.

I currently have 245/135/19.

• Member For: 17y 8m 26d

I've got the KU31's also. 265/30/19's and they were getting up around the $400 mark. I like the tyre and they have been good for me. There's plenty out there to choose from, just comes down to budget...

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 2m 29d

I am always concerned about how long these dunlops are gonna last especially when, I want to give the car a good flogging, but then I think about how much it is gonna cost to get some new tires on and I just have to hold back.

What are you guys using and how much die they cost?

The dunlops on my car lasted less than 10000k's before I drove in on belts to swap em :tonguepoke: ...but I had new rims and tyres ready so not a true indication.

I run the peoples choice "KU31's" in 245/35R19 and find them better than dunflops but not great.

-also the Kumho's in 19's were cheaper then the dunlops in 18's by a long way.

Edited by MurdoK

• Get It To Wheelspin Uncontrolably Then Give It Another 5 Pounds
  • Cruise Control
  • Member For: 13y 10m 29d

my issue with all the top end tyres in 245/35/20 and 275/30/20 such as brigstone, toyo, yoko etc are all $800+ (well, for the 275)...... EACH. now I love having the best stuff on my car, but when I can get falcon/kuhmos for $600-$700 a pair its kind of hard to split with 2 times the cash for something that wont give me 2 times the life or preformance. if u watch all the tyre testing videos every year, the difference is never that much. a few kms slower aroud a corner or an extra 2 meters on stopping from 100km/h. for something used as a daily.....

its also y I dont buy my tyres from dealerships. id like to support the local guys but I can almost half the cost with tirerack.com and a few importers I know in melbourne. things like 17" tyres are another ballpark. 1/4 the cost of bigger wheels and you can also get a much better range of tyres. id buy local and quality if I was in that price range

Edited by Krazy Kyle

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 5m 28d

I'm a big fan of KU31's as bang for buck. Just got 2 more on the fronts for 168ea fitted and balanced. I have Invos on the back which cost me about 180ea to have delivered, then pay to have them fitted. So far the invos don't seem to grip a great deal more. A little more, but I was expecting big things from the way they were talked up. KU31 treadwear rating 320, Invo = 260.

edit- 235/45/17 sizes.

If the invos do grip a bit more I am prepared to spend the money but if its not really noticeable maybe its not worth it?

For 245/40 r18 Its $435 for 2x ku 31's delivered then need to get fitted.

Or $520 for 2x nitto invos delivered then need to get fitted.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 5m 28d

Gt Radials, did you speak to Allan Moffat. Just buy some round black ones and smoke the F_uck out of them.

haha I went to peel tyres in Mandurah. They were trying to tell me how Allan Moffat did a track day with 10 different tyre brands and he didn't know what brand was what. They told me gt radials were the 8th to test and Allan said these are the best I want to indorse these O.o

• Get It To Wheelspin Uncontrolably Then Give It Another 5 Pounds
  • Cruise Control
  • Member For: 13y 10m 29d

kyle someone said your in melbs...

im actually in Darwin right now.... u been talking to randoms on the net?

and what happened to your sig pic?

Edited by Krazy Kyle

• Thooperrrrrrr
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 2m 17d

I think I spotted the kron on Tonkin at 5pm today. Ciaran would have to confirm it. I only saw the car in the rear view mirrors. couldn't exactly read the number plate.

Na wasn't me mate, I had my head in the toilet chucking up my stomach lining at that time lol. Picked up a stomach bug about 2pm and it belted me.

Still recovering