WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread

cunners

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 9m 30d

F6 snorkles come from fleabay or maybe FTG auto salvage. Or wreckers...I paid $85 from fleabay I think??? Fits easy enough. As said, punch replace the cat, injector, tune. Oh but it's a BA so injector and tune only might be the limit for now...

Re injectors: everything is easy when you know how! Hahaha.

PS Mike

Faaaaaaaaark yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeahhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I like it in red man. Reminds me of ESPs on gold rims with the 351... BRAaaaaaaaaaapp!!! BRAAP BRP!! haha.

• 570Nm @1800rpm
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 1d

Hey guys I wanted to get a exhaust but cant afford the whole injectors and tune all at once but hears some good comments on centre

Muffler removal, what u think good idea or not on my BA xr6t

Cheers

First thing I would do is make sure you do all the essential service items before even considering a tune. Being a BA its getting up there with regards to age and kms.

Make sure that things like brakes and tyres are roadworthy and serviceable, put in a new set of plugs and coils and fuel filter while you at it. If its a 4 speed, fit an external oil cooler for the auto box and do a full box flush before tuning. I will also put money on the fact that the fuel pump filter (in-tank) looks like its been sucking fuel from the bottom of a sewer.

When it comes to tuning, do injectors, in-tank fuel pump and tune at the same time. If you are on a budget, the best thing you can do for a BA exhaust wise is to get a BF dump pipe and replace the factory cat with a 5" body 100-200cpi cat. With regards to intake I would not bother with anything more than a K&N panel filter and under headlight snorkel. Also if you can pickup a cheap F6 intercooler it will be better than the factory XR one. Your next limitation is going to be valve springs.

The fun never ends with a good old BA :beerchug:

Edited by XtRmn8

• <put funny sh*t here>
  • Member For: 17y 10m 15d

lol steve, yeah it might become an ESP one day but my current plan is to go a greens tuf replica perhaps, they always make me moist in the pants!

goran, the interior is the only thing which hasn't been restored really, but its still in good condition. one tear on drivers seat, a few little things need repainting or some armourall but apart from that not too bad considering its age

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 19y

Undo 4 x fuel rail bolts, pop old injectors out of rail, push new injectors into rail, re-tighten the 4 x fuel rail bolts. Easier than a centre muffler removal :tonguepoke:

FIXED!, Aint no punk arse 3 bolt fuel rails on these POS's!

• Member For: 13y 1m 6d

Ye did brakes and all gonna do oil change to weeks time tyres have like 90% tread left and will consider gear box auto oil cooler heard good idea to get since they hit miss alot then will get the injectors and tune haha BA isn't to high in k's just over 90 but raking up fast haha thanks for help took some screenshots for notes

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 19y

Yes I did brakes and associated components. I plan to carry out an Engine oil replacement in a fortnights time. I have approximately 10% wear on my tyre treads.. I will consider a gearbox auto oil cooler. I have heard it’s a proactive step to prevent failure as the geartbox is known to be unreliable. I will then will replace the injectors with larger units that will support a larger amount of horsepower and the have the Powertrain Control Module calibrated to suit the higher fuel delivery capability of the larger injectors. I find that quite funny. The BA model Ford Falcon I own hasn’t travelled an excessive amount of kilometres, approximately Ninety thousand but they are increasing rapidly as I enjoy driving the car. I also find this amusing. Thank you all for the assistance. I have taken some pictorial records of the computer screen too record the information displayed.

FIXED!