WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread

cunners

• Donkey Dick
  • Member For: 14y 6m 4d

As much as I would like to Dean, I still haven't got decent tyres for my car yet, (what's your thoughts on the proxy4 Toyo's?) and the money well is suffering from drought. This week I'm on call, so hopefully there's some coin to be made.

How much is it to enter on Fast Friday anyway, and is it the same rules etc as on Wednesday nights?

Proxes 4 are no good for decent powered taxis, neither are the new T1S's :crybaby:

If you can get your hands on some T1R's that are now obsolete, you will be a happy camper. Great grip levels & will be cheap due to being old stock...

Fast Friday is same rules as WAW as far as ANDRA is concerned, although it is bracket racing. 3 practice runs, then you have to 'Dial-Your-Own' time in & run as close to that as possible + be first over the line. Breaking out (running faster) than dial in time gets you eliminated, crossing line last gets you eliminated, red lighting gets you eliminated... So to win, you need to have a good reaction time & run very close to dial in time, which should get you over the line first in theory, but it depends how well the other guy does next to you :blink: All races are handicapped as well, so an 11sec car can race an 18sec car (7sec handicap) & have the same chance of winning, based on reaction time & running closer to their DYO time.

• Donkey Dick
  • Member For: 14y 6m 4d

Anyone keen on a drag day I'm organising in January 2012? $280ea for 1 prepped lane, 1 un-prepped lane, bbq lunch & use of a car trailer/tow vehicle if required...

Only 5 spots left, so get in quick if you're interested.

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 9m 29d

Hmm.. how did u quote that and I could not quote that..... super keyboard powers or sumsht?

Yeah, copy and paste shortcuts, LOL :upsidedown:

• Member For: 17y 8m 29d

Cheers for that Dean.

Did some Internet research on the proxes 4's and they did sound ordinary. Apparently they don't have any 265x30x19's in the t1r's anymore..... so still looking. Also looked at the ku36 and 39's, but aren't in the size I'm after.

Fark, Fast Fridays appear to be full on with the timing rules. I guess that's proper drag racing for ya.

I chucked my name down for the drag day in the AL thread, you may of missed my post. Looks like an achievable time frame for me that's fo sure and a good chance to get a decent amount of runs in. I'm keen.

Any other suggestions for tyres? I'm not chasing mileage a whole lot as I do less than 8000 k's a year. just want something good, but don't want to be spending $600+ a tyre.....