WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread

cunners

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 5d

Haven't seen SFA except the skin coming off my knuckles trying to get the calipers loose to do brake flush. Jack handle over the end of a spanner FTW! Malletting upwards with 15cm swing distance got me exactly half of nowhere. I think I'll build a pit into my new house when we design what to put on the lot we bought! hahaha.

• Donating Members

It's not 100% yet as bank papers have to be sorted, but pre approval and offer acceptance are done. Up off Toodyay road man, only a few minutes from O'Brien hahhaha. Actually looked at a block on the north end of that loop as well but it's too far out, I needed something closer to work and this cuts about 5 mins off :)

Once it's sorted I'll put proper pics up and all that :) Five acres. Won't be building for a year though!

Guest newl
  • Guests

The 5 acre blocks on the south side of Toodyay or did you go for something a bit more substantial?

Speaking of the area, on my weekly tip run I saw heaps of Holdens out yesterday cruising around visiting Brock's corner on Clenton Rd, had a bit of a chat with some that were at the Shell station. Red versus blue aside, the man was indeed a racing legend. :spoton:

• Donkey Dick
  • Member For: 14y 6m 10d

So the sugar is better than the corn Dean.........haha

P.S Seen your old girl at XFT the other day.....

Feel sorry for the new owner :roflmbo:

So if im in your rear view mirror from the start, does that mean will take that 50m head start I offered you? :pleasantry:

If that's what you need to beleive to sleep at night, sure :spoton:

Just get your car to the track! I'll even race you in the calais which I have down there every Wednesday... Surely you could beat a NA Full weight barge with a boat anchor LSX motor??

Edited by Slash

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 11m 2d

Haven't seen SFA except the skin coming off my knuckles trying to get the calipers loose to do brake flush. Jack handle over the end of a spanner FTW! Malletting upwards with 15cm swing distance got me exactly half of nowhere. I think I'll build a pit into my new house when we design what to put on the lot we bought! hahaha.

RATTLEGUN.

• Donating Members

Don't own fancy pants stuff like rattleguns :)

Ratcheting ring spanners is about as high tech as it gets! Oh and they rotate 180° for all those hard to reach teeth at the back of your mouth.

Edited by -SteveR-

• Donkey Dick
  • Member For: 14y 6m 10d

Better off not attempting maintenance on the driveway if you don't have the correct tools. Ends up costing much more time & money than if you just took it to a professional straight away, or outlay for decent/correct tools in the beginning.

Been there, done that.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 6m 7d

Hey guys just wanted some advice on break pads.

So I am getting some rda gold series dimpled and slotted series ( like aaron told me to ) But they were meant to come with ebc red pads but there arnt any in the country and could be about 3 months and there is not ebd greens either! So what are the next best pads to get? Keeping in mind im not a millionaire.

Was thinking bendix HD's.

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 19y 6d

For future reference Steve, don't undo the brake anchor bolts(the 15mm ones) just hold the caliper slide with a 17mm spanner and undo the smaller 13mm bolt on the caliper and the caliper will swing up for access.

Deans got a point as brakes especially should be installed/serviced as per oem specs with threadlock and the correct torque settings (f'n tight isn't always best) I saw a bf rescently that had lost 1 caliper slide bolt after threadlock and the correct torque wheren't used.

Re pads.

Remsa

Pagid

Qfm

Ferodo

Old tissue paper

Are all better options the Bendix!