WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread

cunners

• Get It To Wheelspin Uncontrolably Then Give It Another 5 Pounds
  • Cruise Control
  • Member For: 13y 11m 8d

Thanks Gordon, called up Obriens, lady quoted me $530, and said sometimes they do "overstock specials". so left it at that, got a call 1 hour later, got quoted $430, and eing done at home, so pretty happy. and no Steve, didnt tick that box on my insurance, last car insurance had it, used it 1ce in 5 years, and I did it the week I sold it just cos I could. but ~$50 a year for something that's ~$500 aint bad I guess ;)

Hey Luke, how hard is it to pull apart the suspention rubbers (yes, I know, "which ones"... I dont know, the ones that are squeeking) and grease them to, as mentioned, stop them squeeking. $50k+ car with squeely brakes and squeeky suspention just doesnt seem right. if it keeps doing it im gonna drive it off a cliff.

and to add to that, I wanna ask how many cartons to come do it at urs, but if urs still isnt on the road, I cant see u wanting to work on others :)

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 19y 6d

Im not that clued up on suspention.....But if you want your suspension looked at I may be able to help....:dontknow:.... Being a ute its probably the rear springs bushes. Easily striped and regreased.

Order books pretty full the next few weeks. We can sort something tho. Carton wise I work on a sliding scale 1 p/h for the first 3 hrs then 1.5 p/hr thereafter....(+1 carton extra per hour if you want to help.... :stirthepot:)

• Get It To Wheelspin Uncontrolably Then Give It Another 5 Pounds
  • Cruise Control
  • Member For: 13y 11m 8d

hahaha, yeah, our Dyno tuner man for our race buggy use to have something like that.

$50 p/h labor

$75 p/h if u stay and watch

$150 p/h if u stay and help

naa, its front bushes. ive done race buggies and motocorss suspention... but not much street car stuff.

its all happening, got my glass sorted, emaild racebrakes in sydney, looking at insurance quotes, holiday activitys in Thailand, priced up car mods, ordered the SD card with the GPS maps that I accidently deleted... im not 1 that likes my job, but it has some perks.

Edited by Krazy F6310

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 11m 2d

Car wont be ready till next week :( Oh well

Did you get a cash payment and get Simon to build your engine.

• Totally not a Cop
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 8m 4d

Hey guys,

Just so we can get it in gear, the sep cruise thread is up with a poll.

Jump over and put ya vote in, be sure to let us know if you're getting your chest waxed on a particular day and can't make it.

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members

Car wont be ready till next week :( Oh well

Wasn't an option. Ford went ahead and ordered the new engine and was going to get their mechanic to do the remove and refit, but I told them no I wanted Simon to do it so they just had the engine sent to Simon instead of their guy.

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members

If you got to keep your engine, sell the new one and get Simon to built yours. You cannot miss out on the opportunity to have a built engine.

• Totally not a Cop
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 8m 4d

Almost lost my license and car tonight.

Pulled out of this blind corner to see a car coming, planted my foot and the back kicked out. Grabbed second and held it sideways up the road for a good 10-15 metres. Next thing I know, red & blue come on and they're going over my car.

They ended up just saying "Think about it next time." and let me off!